Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Water Drop

Default Water Drop

Using Xara LX rev 1446 and following Gary Priester's Workbook #49 tutorial for water drops.
    http://www.xaraxone.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterdrop.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	27802  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soquili; 16 July 2006 at 02:30 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Water Drop

thats beautiful Bill.
    I was wondering what system and Linux distro and xwindows manager you are using.
    I just put another hard disk on my windowsxp machine and installed the new Ubuntu distro. Install went very well but I am still kinda disappointed in xwindows performance. This is about my third go at Linux in about 9 years lots of improvements but still lagging xwindows performance. I would love to try it on a high end box. My box is a Pentium 3 1ghz with 768 ram and a radeon 7000 video card.
    adios
    graham

ps. I would like to add congratulations to Xara for a great effort. It is amazing how much the Linux version looks and feels like the Windows version. And Bill's examples are testimonial to how well it is working.
    Last edited by sunland; 16 July 2006 at 03:05 AM.
    IP

Hi Graham,

I'm using an old Compaq Presario 7478 hardware (500MHz AMD processor, 128MB RAM, 13GB hard drive, onboard Trident (Via chipset) 64MB video) with Debian GNU/Linux 3.1r2. I'm using Gnome primarily, but also have used LX in the KDE windows manager.

I have used Red Hat releases of Linux in the past and found the xWindows environments to be sluggish compared to any version of Microsoft Windows. I'm also find that the GNU/Linux also has sluggish xWindows. KDE is a little more responsive, and I may make it my default.

I have old 3Com Pentium 500MHz computer at work that is running Red Hat 7.1 and is my DHCP server for the wireless network. It's been running for 6 years and the only time it goes down is when we lose commercial power and have to startup an old diesel generator for backup
    Last edited by Soquili; 16 July 2006 at 03:29 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

thanks,
    yeh the core tools and kernel of linux are great and run reliably on just about anything.
    adios
    IP