Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up Xara LX 0.6 current recommend version

NeilH has announced the newest recommended version. Read the announcement at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/maillists/.../msg00011.html

Download the recommended stable release and/or the latest 'potentially unstable' release at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/download/
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 July 2006 at 05:40 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Xara LX 0.6 current recommend version

BUG:
    If you make text on curve - you cant select curve with Ctrl+Click
    and even if you can (in wire view) then you cant make it invisible (zero-width).
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by
    IP

Hi Dmitry

Which rev are you using? I have rev 1446 installed. I can select the line using Ctl+Click and change it's line width to None. I can also select only the text.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

it was 1440 rev
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by
    IP

Just wanted to say that I'm very grateful for all the amazing work you guys are doing. I've recently switched over to linux and one of the things that actually encouraged me was xara being available. I've been looking for an alternative to the now defunct Freehand and Xara was high on my list.

The ONLY tool I miss from Freehand is the graphic hose tool. If we could get an implementation of that into Xara I swear I'll be sending you a fruit basket for Christmas :P.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by khaled
    Just wanted to say that I'm very grateful for all the amazing work you guys are doing. I've recently switched over to linux and one of the things that actually encouraged me was xara being available. I've been looking for an alternative to the now defunct Freehand and Xara was high on my list.

The ONLY tool I miss from Freehand is the graphic hose tool. If we could get an implementation of that into Xara I swear I'll be sending you a fruit basket for Christmas :P.
    If I understand right, the freehand graphic hose tool lets you use graphics as a "stroke", i.e. so you can draw lines and the lines themselves are stroked with graphics.

That's very much on the roadmap. It's the "Create Brush" option in the freehand tool which currently does nothing. In fact, brush strokes are already in (you can load a Xara Xtreme drawing with them in, edit the lines etc.); you just can't chose them (because, of all things, we haven't got the pretty combo box working yet), and you can't create them (there's a little of bit of code we need to work on there).

Alex
    IP

Hey Alex, the graphic hose tool is a bit more than stroking. YOu basically copy an element into the tool (it can be one or as many as you want) and then you 'spray' that element. You choose how controlled or wild that spraying actually is. So you can make a grid out of it or you can be completely random in where the element goes.

Currently if you want to grid something it would have to be using duplicate and changing the settings every time. With the graphic hose tool it was a couple of scrollers that allowed you to manipulate spacing and size and rotation.

Great little tool .
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by khaled
    Hey Alex, the graphic hose tool is a bit more than stroking. YOu basically copy an element into the tool (it can be one or as many as you want) and then you 'spray' that element. You choose how controlled or wild that spraying actually is. So you can make a grid out of it or you can be completely random in where the element goes.

Currently if you want to grid something it would have to be using duplicate and changing the settings every time. With the graphic hose tool it was a couple of scrollers that allowed you to manipulate spacing and size and rotation.

Great little tool .
    My windows machine is not working at the moment, but I'm pretty sure you can do what you are talking about. See the attached .xar file (which will work in LX) for a stroked path with random size and rotation etc. You can edit the path in the shape editor tool - no need do duplicate and change settings etc. What you haven't got in LX (yet) is the UI to create it and change the spacing and so forth.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Ah well yeah that's more like it. So it's part of the stroke tool, sweet. I like the sound of that a lot. I'm not going to ask when that's going to be part of the programme. I'm patient. I can wait. For my part I've been trying to promote Xara as much as I can to get more people interested an helping in the development. It would be good if you guys took on a raster only programme as well (fork gimp and give us something to cheer about ).
    IP