Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default suddenly Xara is crashing and failing to open when I launch???

This is so frustrating; everytime i open xara i get an error message and then the program crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the disk (which i'd never used before) three time. Still, the error message.

i have a deadline on Monday and can't access any of my files. I am so frustrated.
    Here is the error message i get: Xara Xtreme has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveninece.

AppName: xtreme.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.4480 ModName: xtreme.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.4480 Offset: 002d7a70

can anyone help me????

Default Re: suddenly Xara is crashing and failing to open when I launch???

Hi Mamakoala,

Sorry you are having problems. I'm not an expert on Xara's error messages but maybe the following may help.

Have you tried running a registgry cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling?

Have you recently changed any hardware or drivers for hardware on your computer lately?

It is unusual for this to happen because I don't recall anyone mentioning this before. I ran a search for the error you see and your post is the only one that came up.
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 July 2006 at 04:17 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by mamakoala
    This is so frustrating; everytime i open xara i get an error message and then the program crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the disk (which i'd never used before) three time. Still, the error message.

i have a deadline on Monday and can't access any of my files. I am so frustrated.
    Here is the error message i get: Xara Xtreme has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveninece.

AppName: xtreme.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.4480 ModName: xtreme.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.4480 Offset: 002d7a70

can anyone help me????
    I assume you've tried rebooting. I'm not a windows expert but this sort of thing normally happens when something else has been installed on the computer which has upset it. Perhaps another application, perhaps a virus. If possible, run anti-virus, try a different computer, try deinstalling anything you've put on recently, and if all else fails (to use the tech support line classic) try reinstalling windows.

Alex

thanks for the responses. i've tried all of the above, and more. I've uninstalled, run av and registry cleaners, rebooted, reinstalled...repeat. It won't open Xara at all. If i had to take a guess i would say virus. I am going to run in safe mode and try running av from there.

so frustrated.

Turn off all anti-spyware, virus protection software and anything running in the background that may interfere with installation. I sometimes forgot to turn off my SQL server and it can sometimes hang things up when installing.

okay i just reinstalled windows xp TWICE.

still hangs with an error message. I even dl-ed it again and tried that version. hangs then too.

i will try once more being sure to disable norton.

okay, so i uninstalled again, disabled all my norton av etc, and re-installed from the disk.

it still crashes.

i am so worried. what in the world could be going on here? just get an error message from microsoft (those popup windows asking me if i'dlike to report the problem, yea, thanks!) and then when i click 'don't send' it closes down xara.

please, i am desperate here. i have tried everything i can think of.

Post whatyour system configuration is. That way we can have more insight as to what maybe the cause. I downloaded the new Nvidia drivers and had some problem and had to resort back to older drivers.
    Jim

Quite likely a longshot, since from the tone of your post you had Xara working at one point and now it's crashing, but maybe your've having problems with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) under XP?

There's information here that explains how to make sure it's not enabled for xara:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...69&postcount=3

Like I said, probably a longshot, but you never know.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

windows xp
    AMD turion 64 mobile
    787 mhz
    1 gig ram