Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle Web Page File Folders

When you create a web page in Webstyle it creates a specific files folder for that page.
    When you create additional web pages - you get a seperate page files folder for each page.
    Each will have it's own navigation menu/bar etc and each menu - navigation bar will need to be individually edited.
    Is there not a simpler way of having all the navigation details shared from 1 folder?
    What is the best way of managing this?
    George

Default Re: Webstyle Web Page File Folders

I suppose that would be the case if you are using a different theme set for each web page.

If you have one Web (folder for an entire website) and use one theme set, then all graphics, javascript and etc. should be contained in a subfolder of the Web folder.

If you create a web page without having a designated Web (folder) then I suppose separate folders would be made to contain the contents for the theme of each page. Webstyle (actually Windows Folder Assignment) is assuming that each Web Page is its own Website.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 14 July 2006 at 03:30 PM.

I'm using Dreanweaver MX
    I have a specific Parent folder called WEb and a sub-folder for each website
    Each time I open my project in Webstyle and create a new webpage when I save it to the specific web folder it still creates a seperate subfolder for the page?
    I'm using the same theme set.
    I presume it's not meant to do this?

George

There should be a sub-folder for each Website, that's how mine works.

The only reason it would create a new subfolder in a Website folder if it the style has changed from a template. In other words, the template you are using on a different webpage is different in style and format from the others.

What I do when I what to use the same theme for one website is cut and paste. If the menu navigation bar is going to be the same for all Webpages, I open up a blank page and then cut and paste from another open page, so the menu navigation bars are consistent. That way, nothing new is added folder wise.