Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Updating swap shop brushes

I asked this question in the Feedback & Questions forum but didn't get a reply. Soquili suggested I post it here and perhaps Christine, who manages that section, might be able to reply. So here goes.

There are a few new brushes which have been submitted to TG, however for some reason, the Swap Shop brushes section does not accept new threads. So, I and others, have submitted them in the Xtreme forum.

Could these be moved to the Swap shop brushes section?

Thanks!

Default Re: Updating swap shop brushes

ZEB

You can always submit them to the Xara Xone

You have my e-mail address.

Gary

Thanks, Gary!

But what's the deal with the Brushes section? It seems to me awhile ago that I tried to post a brush there and was told that it wasn't possible so I should post brushes in the Xtreme section and it would get moved, or something to that effect. So I've posted a couple of brushes but they didn't get moved. It seems that the last time anything got added was November of last year.

I remember as a first time user of Xara, I visited this section and eagerly downloaded every single brush. I'm kind of the "I want it all" type guy. I have also done the same with every Xara tutorial ever posted on the web that I could lay my hands on. I like to have it for reference whenever the need arises.

Okay, enough of that. In any case, it would be nice if this section were active or at least maintained by moving new brushes to it so that it can be an easy source of the latest brushes contributed by talented Xara users.

Yes, I like brushes too, and I am equally obsessive about a complerte collection. Since there is a forum for brushes, that is the first and obvious place to look, and not on page 3 of the Xara Xtreme forum.

Is re-enabling the brushes forum a problem?
    Anton

hopefully this will be resolved shortly. I've posted the following to Antony:

Archieved Recources. Brushes & Tips & Tricks

I'm a bit confused regarding this forum as both sub forums are locked and there are no named moderators.

How do members post or suggest inclusions to these threads?
    As yet there's no answer and Antony's off on his holidays at present but it's not been forgotten.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

You'll probably find you can move posts into the brushes and/or Tips and Tricks Forums - I think that this can only be done by the moderators of the forums in which the original post is made as I don't seem to be able to do it.

Christine

when I visited the Brushes forum the icons at the bottome said the forum was locked or closed...the icons on the left bottom I am reffering to.

Jim

Christine / Scotty,

Yes, this is the way it works at present, but it's very cackhanded. For you to be able to move a post to these forums they need to be posted first in the Corel Painter forum. Why should a member need to post into another forum then have the moderator move that post?

Maybe Risto will wander by and throw some light on these forums.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    For you to be able to move a post to these forums they need to be posted first in the Corel Painter forum. Why should a member need to post into another forum then have the moderator move that post?
    I thought the general consensus was to have a moderators move interesting posts with tips and tricks and brushes to those boards (possibly also when other members advised this)
    I can't remember how this went in practice, but reading some older threads in tips & tricks, I can see that the first post also links back to the original thread which contained the tip in question (uses the old infopop url)

Weird though that they first must be posted in the Corel painter board. But this can be set somewhere, cause vB can move threads from any board to another board within 1 forum afaik

Alien,

I only used the Corel Painter thread as an example as Christine is a moderator on that thread. I would think that the best method would be to have an additional thread in the Archive named 'Suggest a Tip / Post a Brush', then any member could post in there. If it's deemed useful the archive moderator could transfer it to one of the locked threads and delete it from the first.
    Egg