Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "New Posts" display

On visiting the forums today, I was confronted by many "New Post" icons. In fact there was hardly any new post, the browser lying! Was it just my machine or a common fault?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: "New Posts" display

I agree - something is amiss. Even though I read Antony's statement re. this new system, I don't think it is working correctly.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

You guys should check out the "TalkGraphics feedback & questions" board more often
    AntonyF posted about this customization earlier this morning
    It's normal. From now on, threads which you have not read will permanently show up as Unread. Even after you go to sleep and visit TG tomorrow the unread status will persist until you actually read those threads
    IP

You may need to use the Quick Links > Mark Forums Read to clear all the forums from showing as unread. After that only the new threads will show as unread. I had to do that this morning after reading Antony's post.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

never mind - got it working right - and Antony, i really like the change - i used to try and race thru all the new ones if i had to go somewhere, this way is much better --- thank you!
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    never mind - got it working right - and Antony, i really like the change - i used to try and race thru all the new ones if i had to go somewhere, this way is much better --- thank you!
    LOL - My vote is that this way is much worse and different from every other forum site I visit.

In practice there's no need to race around because if people are talking about something a forum will reappear, so in reality little is missed.

Ah well!

Paul
    IP

It doesn't matter to me, I only pick out a few things here and
    there when I get the chance. Sometimes I read everything,
    not often though. Sometimes I find myself back on page 62
    or there abouts.
    lg
    IP

OK, now I'm going to change my vote to say I do like it after all simply because:

1) When I posted last night all I saw were seven pages of postings and all the ones I remembered were mixed up amongst them.

2) Now I can see the recent posts with the otheres below them with a nice message telling me where the very recent posts end.

So there - I do approve after all!

Thank you.

Paul
    IP

We have pauland's approval, all is well.

In line with what Alien correctly indicatd, please remember the TalkGraphics Feedback and Questions forum. It's specifically for reading announcements about changes, and for asking questions about TalkGraphics. It's at the very top of the forum list, so you can't miss it.

The Xtreme forum is for, well, Xtreme. As the question has been answered, I'll close it instead of moving it.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP