Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Best meathod to create your own font

What is the best meathod to create a font? I know that there are millions of fonts files out there to download and I was wondering how do they do that?
    All my talent comes from Him above.
    IP

Default Re: Best meathod to create your own font

It's lots of work. Lots of work. You really have to be dedicated to do it. The software is expensive. I used Fontographer years ago, and I think Fontlab may still have it.

The software is expensive, too. Here are some options:
    • Font Creator is something I have read about and is not too expensive. You might look at that program.
    • Type Tool is the entry-level font creator/editor from FontLabs. They have a bunch of programs. You can look there.
    • You also will need to get some books on type design, or at least do a bit of internet research. It is not as easy as you may think.

Regards,

Alan
    IP

As mentioned it is alot of work involved and you must do your research and the above software reccomendations are spot on.

But also if you have almost any version of Corel Draw you can create and export fonts.Granted it doesn't have any of the advanced features of a dedicated font editor but it will allow you to give it a try.

Gary has a good tutorial on font creation using Corel Draw that you can check out http://www.theboutons.com/index.php
    IP

thanks y'all. I did not know that it cost so much. I think i will stick to getting fonts off the web. On a side note, I have a lot more respect for those who do create fonts. Very impressive.
    All my talent comes from Him above.
    IP

Simon Beck (in here) makes fonts. He could tell you a lot!!!
    -=Bob=-
    IP