Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara XL in SLAX distribution

Hello everybody!

This is my first post. I'm a new Xara XL user. I did a long research for a graphics program in the Linux envirorment like this, so versatile, so powerful. What a good work! Congratulations!

Now I'm planning usign it a lot more. But while I'm waiting for the new release of MEPIS 6, wich, I've heard, has Xara XL as a default graphic tool, I requested this program in the Forums of SLAX, a Modular LIVE CD linux distribution. Fastly, an user, quax, made a module and now we can proudly say that Xara XL is ready to work in a Linux live CD (even in a 8cm small CD if you stripe the base edition a little). All you have to do is to download a SLAX edition (194 Mb), download Xara XL package and the wxGTK library, and put all together in a CD followin instructions (you can add other of your favourite modules for so many things, even customize as much as you want the base distro).

I invite all of you who want to show your Xara work (and Xara XL working) in non linux boxes to give it a try. SLAX is a funny thing!

+ frmerced

PS: I don't have any personal business in SLAX nor Xara

PS2: excuse my english!
    IP

Default Re: Xara XL in SLAX distribution

I download slax and tried it on my USB stick - added the Xara and WTGK+++ whatever thing and it worked like a charm! Good work so far on LX guys!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by michaelward
    I download slax and tried it on my USB stick - added the Xara and WTGK+++ whatever thing and it worked like a charm! Good work so far on LX guys!
    Michael,

Thanks for the good news. So, now you can have a Xara XL inside a full Linux Live system in a small humble USB Pendrive. I'm going to buy a new one to show my friends how cool Xara Linux is!

+ frmerced
    IP

Could this be made to boot via an USB stick on a new Intel Mac?
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by eobet
    Could this be made to boot via an USB stick on a new Intel Mac?
    Ask on the SLAX forum, if anyone knows how to do it they'll be on there.
    IP