Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MAC vs. PC Commercial

I gave up on LINUX awhile ago after I sold my business. I only used it because I had fairly decent support from some people I knew. The problem with LINUX is that if you don't know anything about it, you have to dig around on the Net for days to find an answer. There is certainly no one local that is going to help you, it is freeware afterall.

They (linux users) get freeware and act like the world owes them everything including money for their advice. Sounds like the old MSDOS blood sucking consultants eh?

It can be nice and has some warm fuzzies, but I did the UNIX thing 35 years ago and the command line Interface with CPM and MSDOS 25 years ago.

I don't think I want to go back and play "Mr. Blinky Cursor" on a blank screen-line anymore.

All those books and cheat cards filled with command prompt switches laying around my desk gave me neck aches, head aches and some unexplainable rash that exists to this day. (well maybe not.)

Yeah, some LINUX has a 'windows' type interface. But let something go a bit off kilter (your soundcard doesn't work, video driver, or etc.) and you have to whip out the massive puzzle world of command line interface switches and then turn left three times just because you wanted to turn right.

No thanks.

uhhh. My comments has nothing to do with Apple, but was commiserating with S T Lewis on the whoas of LINUX/UNIX. heh heh
    IP

I would only buy a MAC because they look good and have style! With apps like BootCamp I could run my PC apps on the MAC. I have no desire to spend a boat load of $$$'s on buying my software again for the MAC with little to gain on performance.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Good point, RW.
    I currently have to run - and buy software for - 2 high-end PCs and three high-end Macs. What a joy it would be to only have to use one machine for both OS's.

It'll leave my office clear for, err, paperwork/beer/a Linux box (delete as applicable)....
    IP

Hey Teapot you can have both operating systems on MAC so I guess you can use Windows XP on mac as well...
    IP