Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webstyle 5

Default Re: webstyle 5

Quote Originally Posted by christianweb
    I got the email advertising the Template Pack 5 for Webstyle 4 owners this morning. I contacted support because it was not giving me the discount. Support immediately contacted me and replied with a solution to my problem. I was able to download the new Template Pack and also received the discount.

It is easy for someone to post a negative comment but it does take a little effort and time to post a positive comment and be thankful for the excellent support. I design using Dreamweaver and mostly use the navigation bars and menus in Webstyle 4.*This has worked very well for me.*

I would recommend the product.
    Thank you Christian, we appreciate your comments.

Obviously we'd love 100% of our customers to be 100% happy. But that's not always possible. We always try to solve the problems concerned and most of the time we do. The occasional problem we just have to hold our hands up and say "we don't know". But Webstyle has been our biggest selling product and for the most part people are very happy. But because people come to the forum to post problems they have encountered, so some people do think that it equates to being a very problematic product which isn't the case. So we thank you for kind comments. And we will of course endeavour to help those having problems.

And as you mentioned, we now have template pack 5. The template packs are very successful and while we get requests for a Webstyle 5, we get more requests for template packs. So hopefully this satisfies one of the two main requests we get. And we were talking about the next release of Webstyle again today, so it is on the cards. But we are a small company and a lot of the discusion is about what we do first of first of the many ideas that we have and the many great ideas we get from customers.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Thumbs up Re: webstyle 5

I would also be one of the first to purchase a new Version5 of Webstyle. I cannot upload my purchased Template pack5... I get the following error:
    Server:XML Parser failed at linenumber 1, lineposition 62, reason is: Quote expected HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
    Any workarounds or solution?

I'd appreciate a new version like most people but as you've said, it's templates that people really want. To be honest, I don't see a huge amount of improvements necessary for the application other than some bug fixes, it's the templates that are the problem along with the fact that their implementation is not "open". If Xara Extreme will soon allow us to design our own templates, I think Xara will see a much greater demand for both Extreme and WebStyle. Allow your users to create their own templates, concentrate on making Extreme even better (it's already one of the best on the market and easily the fastest and best value), and I reckon you'll have a product to rival everything but the biggest apps like FP and DW, neither of which I like using as it happens!

When I said above that I regard the templates as the problem it's that I think some of them are looking a little dated now and it's ultimately the quality and desirability of the templates which determines how successful WebStyle is. I'd like to see more templates released, in CSS format, with more modern, and clean designs like the new "molecular" one. I also think it would serve Xara and your users to have some sort of voting system for the templates so you got some decent feedback to help you design the right sort of new templates and I'd also like to see example web sites hosted on the Xara web site together with users' web sites as well
    Last edited by phykell; 19 October 2006 at 11:21 AM.

the "only" change i want to see is the an inbuilt text editor. then i can edit my text directly instead of having to start a separate program to finish the web site.

it does not have to be a HTML editor. just a text editor is sufficient and should be easy to implement?

ok there is one more thing i would like to see and that is i want to purchase only one or 2 templates instead of buying a pack. as it is now i cannot buy one template from pack 5 and another one from pack 4 without having to purchase both packs.