Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Access violation at offset 0X003B82DC

I have recently started to use Xara Xtreme for animated Gif's, however, I can't export an animated Gif greater than 12 frames without encountering an assess violation at offset 0X003B82DC followed by an Xara Xtreme fatal error message box and then crashing out of the program.

Anybody out there Help!!!

Default Re: Access violation at offset 0X003B82DC

How much RAM do you have available John?
    What programmes do you have running in the background?
    Can you repeat it? If so, what is the Xara error message? Are there any clues there?

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your input. I am only a simple graphics designer, if somewhat of an old one. The info you asked for is as follows:

Computer has AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
    with 1 GB of RAM.

The only item running in background is Windows XP Pro Version 2002 with service Pack 2.

The error box reads:

Serious Error From Xara Xtreme
    Access violation exception at offset 0X003B82DC
    QUIT.

I dont get this, with any of my other graphica software which includes the Macromeadia Flash, Fireworks etc.

John H.

John,

Perhaps there is something in the file (combination of elements/effects) that don't agree with each other? Does this happen if you create a simple animation with let's say a blinking text string? Is it just this one file - if so, try opening a new file and copying over the elements (if it's not try time consuming.)

If you don't mind - perhap, you could post the .xar file, so other people can take a whack at it?

Hi Risto,

Thanks for the interest.

I attach the file Intro.xar as requested. It is only the start of an introduction for an education program. If I can get it going.

If anyone can help this simple Scottish Designer find out, either whats going wrong or what I am doing wrong, I would be most greatfull.

I have also requested Xara Support help but still no word after several days!!

John Hutton
    Attached Files Attached Files

John,

Your file is too big! You are trying to export an animated gif in 23 frames - at 1246 pixels by 946 pixels! When exporting one of the later frames (one of them) as a "static" gif it ends up being almost 1 MB by itself! Now add the animation aspect and 22 more frames... I can't imagine that any application can export (or display) anything like that to an animated gif? Maybe it's a memory limitation, or perhaps a GIF file limitation?

I can't see a practical use for this... What are you trying to accomplish? If it's for web use - set up "normal" file dimensions, and it should export without any problem.

Risto

John,

Risto has some valid points. Are you wanting to use the animation as the intro to a video and need the large size?

There are a few things you can do to help reduce the exported file size.

1. Place the Orion-nebula image on the very first frame and check the B for background. Give this frame a very short display time so it isn't actually seen.

2. In the second frame create a black rectangle to the same dimensions as the Orion-nebula. No transparency.

3. copy the second frame and then apply some transparency. Repeat until you have the Orion-Nebula showing without any blocking by the rectangle.

4. copy the previous frame and delete the rectangle totally.

5. copy the previous frame and insert a copy of the earth image without the black rectangle. I used a circle to intersect a copy of the earth from your .xar file so I had only the earth without the black background.

6. paste the round earth image into the frame made is step 4. Apply 100% transparency.

7 copy the previous frame and reduce the transparency of the earth image. Repeat until you have the earth in front of the Orion-Nebula.

See attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earthanimation.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	26945  
    Last edited by Soquili; 21 June 2006 at 08:11 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update