Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default uploading template for website

Okay, I have made the template for my website I would like to add a picture of an envelope for my email address. I can get the picture on the template and add a web address and then I export it as a gif or as an image map and then where it says browser preview it works fine but when I open it in Frontpage or Nvu the link doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Tracy

Default Re: uploading template for website

Hello,

I didn't quite understand your question: If I got your right, you have created a template, and you want to add a picture of an envelope inside of it.

Well, if you have created your template as a picture, for example you drew and sliced it in photoshop you can just paste a picture of the envelope inside of it and then re-export it.

If you have created a CSS or HTML template, you need to place an image of your picture, be it an envelope or another image (a home button for example). Front Page allows you to insert a picture. A small gif file should be enough for that matter. If you can see the picture well in your browser perhaps the problem is only visual. a 10kb gif picture of about 10X10 size should be seen well no matter what browser or application you are using.

I hope I answered your question.

If you can place the image on your page in Front Page then add your link there.

When you add a link in Xara you need to create an HTML file with the HTML script. Then you need to copy that tag script and paste it into the HTML poprtion of your document. It is really easier to let Front Page do this unless you are familiar with writing HTML code.

Gary

Gary,

All I can say is THANKS!!!! If I could hug you I would lol . I have been working on this for 2 days to no avail and I did it within 30 seconds following your advice. I have to say, you are awesome. I love your tutorials and I really appreciate the help you have given me here as well. THANKS!!!!