Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara XS for your friends and family...

In the UK, you can get the full versions of Xara XS for free on the PC Pro Sug 2006 edition cover disc. It might be a few days until this hits the shops, but if you wanted to get some family or friends in to the best vector drawing app going then here's your chance...

Default Re: Xara XS for your friends and family...

Also in "Computer Shopper" as well with a tiny tutorial. This place might get busy for a few weeks with many help questions.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Anything like that for the US?
    All my talent comes from Him above.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore
    This place might get busy for a few weeks with many help questions.
    With install problems maybe - I remember someone saying that they couldn't get the XS's install program to run here about a month ago - and after just picking up a magazine with it on a CD today, I gave it a go and also had install problems.

There's a button to click on which is supposed to open a webpage where people can register their details to obtain a serial number so that they can run the program, but I had to try that on a second PC because clicking the button had no effect (not even a browser window) on the first.

Once I got it installed though it was OK, no bevel/shadow/outline tools as Charles previously mentioned, but Xtreme files with objects already created open just fine, though those attributes obviously can't be altered. Right clicking on a bevel/shadow etc gives about half a dozen error messages - though a new user presumably wouldn't have a file with those objects in it.

I have buy a magazine with a cd and Xara XS - 2 magazine, one for me and one for my office

No problem for install the software and now I have Upgrade mine at Xtreme only for 38,00 Euro... (included Shipping and VAT)!

Very good!!!

Xara XS won't install on a machine with Xara Xtreme on it (basically they are the same program. Xara XS is just missing some features).

You can upgrade from the free cover-mounted Xara XS to the full Xara Xtreme for an attractive price.