Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rollovers and Named colours

Hi Guys,

First up, many thanks for the great forum you have here. I've picked up quite a few Xara tips from lurking but now is a time I need to ask for assistance.

I'm reasonably new to Xara, have watched all the videos and been through quite a few of the XaraOne tutorials. I've done up a Nav Bar in XaraX v2 once I discovered it could actually do them and want to also integrate this into a table within Dreamweaver.

The Navbar is based on the gel button instructions in some downloadable clipart which includes named colours for adjusting colour shades - damn neat this is too, I must say.

My issue is I'm trying to change the named colour for the rollover/mouse_over state and can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've attached the xar file I'm using in case I've mucked something up. I hope someone can steer me in the right direction on how to do this.

Cheers
    Martin

P.S My first attempt at this so excuse the crude buttons
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Rollovers and Named colours

Hi Martin,
    You can let xara do it for you and in your posted file this is what I have done. I did what the movie stated and created a "New Design" and then went into "create/Delete States" and with "new state looks distinct" selected I exported the Nav Bar.
    When exporting the file make sure you put it into a new diectory as things get slightly complex when exporting it into Dreamweaver. Also the JS is not the best and you will have to link in DW and edit the script in there to bring it up to the required standard although it does work straight off.

All the best to you in your web construction.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hot dang - thanks for the quick reply, Albacore.

I thought I'd already tried that but frustration tends to confuse me but fantastic that you've pointed me in the right direction anyway - many thanks.

One other question if I may. I want to use these in a table so I can have explainatory text off to the right hand side (I presume a table is the better idea for this but open to alternate suggestions). Should I be splitting/slicing images? Is this the best way to do it for DW import?

Apoligies for the newbie questions
    Martin

Martin,
    I guess I missed the point on your question about named colours. Anyway, I took your xar file and created linked colour for your rollover buttons. Sorry, I get a bit confused.
    ron

Here's a tutorial that might help Creating a Custom User Interface - November 2001

The tutorial was done with an older version of Xara but all of the steps are the same.

By the way, I was asked recently what happened to the Button and Nav Bar Tool which is missing from the standard tool bar.

It is still there just not on the tool bar. You can press Ctrl F8 to launch the function. You can also open Window > Control Bars and check Button Palette.

The Button and Nav Bar icon is in the second row. Hold down the Alt key and you can drag the icon onto the main tool bar.

Gary

Very cool - thanks to all for the helping hand.
    Xara certainly is a powerful package - and even cooler once I discovered the missing Navbar icon