Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Photo restoration question

Hello everyone. Iam new here, and i am glad to be so.

Here i have what i call exhibit A and exhibit b.

I did (a) from a very damaged image suing the lasso function (point to point etc).

The problem is I wound-up with very sharp lines, and Id like to be able to "fuzz" or "blurr" the lins a bit like in exhibit (b) which someone els did I think in photoshop which i do not own. I own and use PSP 7.

Lstly Id like to be able to get that sepia color also which i do not know how.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.paintmenow.com/forum%20su...sp%20forum.jpg
    IP

Default Re: Photo restoration question

I don't know if this is the tone you require . I merged the layers of your photos and applied the accompanying brown as a fill use the colour picker on the brown to load it into your pallette. As for the the treatment for the hair I think you should do the lasso again taking all the hair in then slowly change all the little bits left to the background colour. remember to magnify the picture before editing. At least thats how I would tackle it. Oh and welcome to the forum.

.......Norman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sepia1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	26741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sepia2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	26742  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

I see your problem, I looked at the original photo in your website. you made a very good job of restoring it
    IP

Thanbks parahandy. i answered my own question about 2 min. after posting. Wasnt aware that the retouch function had several hiddn (drop-down functions as well). I used the retouch tool for blurr on the sharp lines and used the blue, green red scrollers under 'enhace image to get the sepia look-was a snap). I also used some selection sharpening around the eyes to make it more attractive. Thanks -cool site.

Been using PSP for some time and gotten pretty handy with it. Photoshop just seems too immense for my needs.im a PSP guy .
    Guess my last question would be about resolutions. i mean say i want a customer to scan an image? Wonder what resolutiojn info i should suggest. Then wonder how to tweak settings on my end to get the finished product? although I guess it would work well just eyeballin it and having the image size exactly like the final product in inches while Im working on it.

Take care.
    Last edited by RUNEMASTER; 14 June 2006 at 06:40 PM.
    IP