Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Low cost alternative for creating SWF?

I'm only interested in being able to import a series of sequentially-numbered 3D renders and outputting them as a SWF animation file. I know I can do that with Xtreme4, but in that case I have to import each frame manually and after the first hundred frames or so that gets old. I tried a program called "Easy Gif Animator Pro" that claimed SWF output but it churns out SWF files that are about ten times the size of the ones Xtreme4 creates (30 16kb frames came out as over 4MB). Bust.

Paying the huge cost of buying the Macromedia software is overkill for the single purpose for which I need it. Anyone know of an alternative that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars?

Many thanks in advance.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Default Re: Low cost alternative for creating SWF?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    I have to import each frame manually
    You can select all the files from their folder and drag them all at the same time into Xtreme. Still tedious, I agree.
    IP

SwishMax is a cheaper alternative to Adobe Flash. http://www.swishzone.com/index.php
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,

That looks very promising, thanks!
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I haven't tried it myself, but Coffeecup has some kind of flash tool.

They do offer a free trial, too.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You can select all the files from their folder and drag them all at the same time into Xtreme. Still tedious, I agree.
    Maybe it's just I'm still too new with these programs, but doesn't that just drop them all into the image gallery in pretty much random order, and then each one still has to be dragged into individually-created frames in the frame gallery one by one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by dogbertbh View Post
    I haven't tried it myself, but Coffeecup has some kind of flash tool.
    Heh. For private reasons that's kind of funny. I really appreciate the suggestion, thanks!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    Maybe it's just I'm still too new with these programs, but doesn't that just drop them all into the image gallery in pretty much random order, and then each one still has to be dragged into individually-created frames in the frame gallery one by one?
    I guess your'e right. I don't really use frames very much!

I said it was still tedious!

Paul
    IP

Heh.

Well, apparently Swish Max2 isn't going to fit the bill, either. I installed a trial version and it cannot automatically assign sequentially-numbered images to frames; you have to manually assign each image to a frame, just like with Xara products. Bummer.

I looked into Premiere Elements 7, but Adobe's web site has made it impossible for me to log in using Firefox and impossible to download without a crash in IE7. I settled for posting a query on their support board. I know it doesn't output swf, which is a PITA, but if it can do everything else maybe I can just output a flv and convert it.

BTW I have the CoffeeCup animator application and it goes through the motions of supporting what I need but the resulting file quality is terrible. They have no plans to address that in the near future.
    IP

Is this a one-off project?
    IP