Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with edit handles

First I use the freehand tool to draw an elipse (as close as I can get, anyway), closing the shape and letting it fill.

Second, I use the elipse tool to draw another elipse.

The edit handles on these two shapes behave totally differently.

With the elipse created by freehand, I use the shape editor tool and when the pointer goes near an edit handle, the pointer changes, and I can select a point and make control handles appear.

With any shape created by the shape generator, I can click all over creation until the cows come home, and the pointer never changes, the edit handle never gets selected, and the options that I need for editing never appear on the top tool bar.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

John
    IP

Default Re: Problem with edit handles

Welcome John,

Select the ellipse.
    The text in the bottom left info bar says 1 ellipse.
    In the top menu bar Arrange / Convert to Editable Shapes.
    The text in the bottom left info bar now says 1 shape.
    With the Shape editor tool. select a node and move.
    It will now move.

Ellipses, rectangles & quick shapes are special shapes that you can do special things with, like applying rounded corners, which remain editable.

However to edit their nodes, you first have to change them into Editable Shapes. You can no longer apply rounded corners.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Problem with edit handles

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    In the top menu bar Arrange / Convert to Editable Shapes.
    Piece of cake, once you know how. THANK YOU! I did actually hunt through the help files but I must have missed it. You saved the day!

John
    IP