Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Background Image, Raise to $40

I'm having a problem upload my background image to my website. I already changed/exported the background to gif or jpeg but somehow the background didnt strecth all the way. If it does, it streches in many rectangles instead of one rectangle. I hope this is making sense otherwise please let me know.

Anyone please help!!

I'm a little bit desperate right now. If anyone helps me to figure this out untill it works(It would help if you know dreamweaver i think), i will give you $40. (You gotta have a paypal account).

Thanks again.

Well, I got all the suggestions but i'm still not satisfied. You might think i'm a dummy well may be I'm. I just can't figure it out. It made me mad. Anyone can give me step by step how to make a gradient background with Xara Xtreme i will give you $40(Dinner for two) . I think this is pretty simple straight forward so it's not bad for $40. I just couldnt figure it out. Man.. (GOTTA HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT)

P.S First-Come First-Serve. I will decide the person who deserves the $40. Thanks

Default Re: Background Image, Raise to $40

http://mccluer.name/new_page_1.htm

You can use that web page, but give the 40 dollars to Scotty, I used his graphic and some simple html to make the page.

<html>

<head>
    </head>

<body background="background.jpg">

</body>

</html>

Make sure you save the background image by saving it to a file when you save the web page.

Hi,
    If you are serious about the $ give to one of the relief charitites in the wake of the New Orleans Disaster, or the recent Earthquake disaster.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 4CustomDesign
    it streches in many rectangles instead of one rectangle.
    It's called "tiling". That's normal behavior if a background graphic is smaller than the web page when it displays.

-- Nevermind. I just saw the discussion in the related thread.
    Last edited by amoore; 01 June 2006 at 03:08 PM.

I found the winner, Gary!

Thanks for your help Gary...and all of you. I really appreciate it.