Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Line width problem with PDF export

Hi Helen,

I'm not 100% sure what your problem is here. Are you creating a solid line in Xara or a dotted line?

Perhaps you could post the xar (or part of the xar) here so we can see if we can reproduce it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. Both a 'dotted' line and solid lines. It's the end 1/3 of a page to be used as a membership-enrollment form. Dotted line indicates where to cut it off, lower 3 lines for new member to complete with ...
    Name: _________________________
    Address: __________ phone _______
    City, State: ________e-mail _______

The 1pt lines did look better; however, I can't figure out why that little "underscore" mark shows up on the solid lines in the pdf. ?? Thanks.
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

That's understood Helen, thanks. However if you could post the xar file I'm sure we could solve, or create a workaround for your problem.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The xar file is too big for me to post (anywhere -- slow dial up). With lines (including the dotted one) changed to 1pt (vs. .5pt), they look OK on the PDF. Except for those funny little 'underscore' marks...which don't show up until the PDF is enlarged to 125 percent. When the PDF is printed on my hp6540 deskjet, the lines appear to be the same thickness each, and no extra little marks appear. I'll question the printer again tomorrow.
    Thanks again.

PS...just reading thru the TG posts I found via 'search' was helpful!
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by steveward View Post
    I... had the same .5 pt. display problems as you did in Acrobat, Illustrator, and Ghostscript.
    It also happens in the Jaws Editor. I've always assumed that it was a display thing since it doesn't just happen in pdfs or Xara files. The files have always printed correctly, regardless of whether they were native or pdf.