Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question a question about achieving an effect.

i hate my first post to be a request, but i have asked in a couple other forums i belong to and have gotten no replies, so i figured asking in a forum solely dedicated to this type of thing was a better place to ask.

i was wondering if anyone could help me with making a certain effect with a pic. what i want to do is make a wallpaper with a pic on the side, but i want it to look like it was "flipped" into place. i want it to look like a card thrown through the air. it would start small from the left, rotate and move towards the right, and end on the far right side. im sure i could just resize the main pic small and keep rotating it and sizing it larger, but that seems like it would take forever. im not looking for an animation, just a way to do it with a jpg.

does anyone know of a quick way to do this, or of a plugin that does this? thanks for any help i can get.

edited to add.... i am using PSP-X.
    Last edited by MWCinNY; 10 June 2006 at 04:13 AM.
    IP

Default Re: a question about achieving an effect.

You'll probably be using the Pick tool for this.

This is a tutorial for PSP 7's Deformation tool (which was transformed into the Pick tool) which can give you an idea of what type of deformations you can get: http://teom.coningham.net/psp-7/deformation-tool
    IP

i know how to use the pick tool, but thanks for the link to the tutorial anyways.

the point of my question wasnt what tools i would need to manually do this. i was just wondering if anyone knew of an easier way then taking a sinlge pic and resizing then rotating it 30 (or more) seperate times.
    IP

You could do it with the built-in python scripter. Just experiement on how you want to look. Rotate X degrees, move up 5 pixels or whatever. Then after you get the look, must have the python scripter memorize it and run the script.
    IP

thanks for the suggestion james, but i tried that and for what i am trying to accomplish, that wont work correctly either. this is why i asked if anyone knew of a plugin that could do it. i would have to make a script for each image i worked on, and in effect would render making the script useless unless i made another wallpaper with the exact same dimensions as the first. i havent had a need to make many scripts so i may be wrong, but i dont know of a way to make a script adjustable in the way i would need it to be.

to elaborate more on what i want to do, i want to take a single image and divide it into sections. each section would be like a "card" being flung through the air from the left side, with all the sections ending up reproducing the original picture on the right side of the wallpaper.
    IP