Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ?'s on Vase from Egg's instructions

Egg has been helping me with my vase in xara gallery. I have 2 ?'s :

1. on his second intruction file, he talks about orienting the blend between a point in a red circle (demonstrated) to keep the blend from being 'odd'. I am not clear on what he is saying here
    2. the help files also imply that you can remove/edit one shape within a blend. I don't seem to be having any luck in releasing a single object from a blend or even moving a blend around. what am I doing wrong?
    thanks
    nance

Default Re: ?'s on Vase from Egg's instructions

Nance,
    After making a blend, go to "arrange" "convert to editable shapes" and then "arrange" "ungroup" and all objects will be 'single'' objects that can be edited.

Hi Nance,

You do not have to convert to editable shape and ungroup the blend to make some changes. If you hold down the control key you can click inside a blend and access an individual shape within it.

The simple animation attached shows how the blend can be modified by selecting one of the inner shapes and moving it using the cursor keys.
    I left the number of steps in the blend small so the changes show up more. I added the circle with blend to show it can be any shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend-move.gif 
Views:	288 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	26150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	round-blend.gif 
Views:	297 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	26152  

Last edited by Soquili; 30 May 2006 at 12:07 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

There you go! While I'm making one tut, Bill's doing another!

Again here another short lived video. VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 31 May 2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thankyou very much guys for all your effort on this blending. Egg, I have been able to watch I think all of the tut here on this thread....regretable due to our difference in english accent I can't catch something VERY important at the beginning here. you've made your rectangle, you say something about a key/ and click (I believe)--this results in the ablility to move nodes from the original box to inside the box without losing the original so you end up with a box in a box. do you mind writing here, agin , what key/s are you using with the mouse click? I continue to use a variation of keys and click to no avail
    thanks much for your patience

also, the tut you left on my Vase thread in the xara gallery is taking double double time to flow. problably the differece between your broad band and my 26.4kbp dial-up?? I'm attempting to download it while synchronizing it to attempt it to work for me offline
    nance

i believe that was ctrl/k for clone
    -=Bob=-

oh Bob thanks, will give that a try! Egg sounds like he's saying, "I'll hit control kate" -- yea this makes perfect sense if he's cloned it then edits the shape just as he's said in the other instructions

btw, soquili, that is an excellent drawing/explanation - thanks!!!
    -=Bob=-

Soquili, Egg
    this is exactly what I cannot yet get -- to move the blend as you've both demonstrated. I've been so focused on Egg's cuz of the time limit think I've forgotton to thank you as well, also, Soquili!! All your effort is appreciated too
    nance

been studying Egg's video demo in this and so far this is what I'm seeing: first I put a Layer under my object (which was to be blended). now, when the blend is made I see that there is in the far LEFT color box showing color line and color fill or none of either --after I blend that box shows color fill color line both NONE ?? as soon as my object is blended it is one. does not show what Egg's shows using the word "inside"