Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: demo crashing

Default demo crashing

I have been using Xara for years and recently downloaded the demo before upgrading. The demo has crashed several times with an error 0x003c52c9. It lists a runtime error with each crash.
    The files that working were not large and I have 1gig of ram on board with a 256mb video card.
    I rather timid to buy if it is going to keep crashing but could a reinstall help?

Default Re: demo crashing

Xara is a very stable program I have used every version for the last 5 years, if you can find out what’s bugging it you will have 100s hours of trouble free use, stick with it.

Thanks for the response. I do enjoy the program but I haven't been able to figure out what the problems is.

Just a thought but do you run any other graphics programs previous to Xara? I find if I use PhotoPaint x3 or CorelDraw before using Xara I get similar messages..I believe some of the other Graphic programs don't release some of the computer resources and I get various eror in Xtreme.
    Jim

I'm mostly asleep right now but your post caught my attention. If indeed my head and eyes are getting your ? right--well just forget what's said (as I reread some of this I see some does not make sense :-)

for the purpose of clarification you said you've been using xara for yrs and just now downloaded the demo.....so a re you saying you've had xara for awhile and recetnly downloaded the trial of xaraXtreme?

if so...I had the same problem when downloading the trial. there is now a patch for xara Xtreme--but I believe that patch cannot be used on the trial version. unless they've updated the trial to include the patch??? it seemed there was something about the patch and the trial that didn't work. having since purchased Xtreme and corretly dlownloading the patch lots of those problems have been fixed......
    for all I know I'm sleep walking here and making no sense

gotta get to bed. sure others have will have answers in morning.
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 30 May 2006 at 06:55 AM.

Scotty and Twiddler:
    Thanks. Yes I do run psp in the background from time to time. It has crashed without the program running in the background.
    It is good to hear that there is a patch with the registered version. So far I love the new version except for the occasional error.