Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Hi! I'm a new member. Logo Design Challenge.. anyone up for it!? $100 Reward

I'm looking for a logo but I'm on a budget and I'm not talented enough myself. Can I offer up a challenge with a $100 fee to the winner!? I am Memory Lane Photo Productions and I do photo montages .. the video-type shown at parties on big screens, using photos and music supplied by my customers. I call them Memories to Music photo montages .... I dont think 'outside of the box' so I am stuck right HERE. I'd like something that's dynamic that also shows the emotional side associated with what I do ....I tried to attach what I have so far but havent figured it out yet, will send it as soon as I can .... if anyone is up to the challenge I'll provide whatever info you need! Thanks! Kathee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	25872  
    IP

Default Re: Hi! I'm a new member. Logo Design Challenge.. anyone up for it!? $100 Reward

Well, there's what I have so far ... didnt know it attached properly. Feel free to critique!
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Hi! I'm a new member. Logo Design Challenge.. anyone up for it!? $100 Reward

Kathee,

A few things:

The logo (film strip) is too large. This is fine for the signature block or letterhead that you created, but if you just want the logo, it will be very large vertically.

If you wanted to add the picture, I would shorten the film frame to be the same size as the picture (i.e. no pink background)

Logos should have 2 or 3 colors and no more. This will make them recognizable when they are printed in black and white (say for faxing) and also make them less expensive for printing and applying to clothing, etc.

If you would like, I will create a logo for you at your set price. However, I will do it on a commission basis and not as a contest. If I put my efforts into this I want to be sure to be rewarded for it.

Regards,
    Eric B
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

I asked Kathee to post her challenge here because I know what a great job the member have done is past challenges and I know you will rise to the occasion again

Logos should have 2 or 3 colors and no more. This will make them recognizable when they are printed in black and white (say for faxing) and also make them less expensive for printing and applying to clothing, etc.
    Yes and no. I always try to keep an open mind when I design a logo and design what works best. There is no reason why a good full color logo cannot be modifed to also work in black and white or with a limited number of colors.

Gary
    IP

The attachment is the large version of a logo that I created...

Respectfully,

George Crofton

Name:	Memory Lane Photo Logo Copyright.gif 
Views:	529 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	25896  
    IP

The gray scale of the above graphic would appear as this... Again, this is the large version of the graphic.

George Crofton

Name:	Memory Lane Photo Logo Copyright BW.gif 
Views:	536 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	25898  
    Last edited by laser1; 23 May 2006 at 03:23 PM.
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    I asked Kathee to post her challenge here because I know what a great job the member have done is past challenges and I know you will rise to the occasion again

Yes and no. I always try to keep an open mind when I design a logo and design what works best. There is no reason why a good full color logo cannot be modifed to also work in black and white or with a limited number of colors.

Gary

Gary,

You are right of course. The 2-3 color rule is not law necessarily and the rule can be bended when appropriate. I was suggesting that if Kathee wanted to continue to design it herself (having admitted her lack of "talent") that she would be better off using the limited number of colors. This would save her from having to redesign her logo in Greyscale.

Just my $0.02

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Hi Kathee
    Is there anything else that we need to know about your logo other than what you have already mentioned? Should we just post our logo ideas here for you to see?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Ok, Kathee , here is my first idea for a logo for you. Maybe this will help to get some others to post some logos here for you as well. If I get time I will try another. This one is black and white , so it can be made any color you like.
    Last edited by a4hire; 17 April 2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Hi
    This shows a development of an idea so far.
    The first, a simple road going into the distance, as the 'lane' in MEMORYLANE is the most visual part of the name. The second a development of that idea with a reference to film.
    Derek

Name:	asd.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	25919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mem lane.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	25921  

Last edited by masque; 24 May 2006 at 06:10 PM.
    IP