Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme problem to import FreeHand 8 EPS file

Hi,

Please, I need some help on how to import the attached EPS file into Xara Xtreme document. The problem is that the import says that there is some error on some line. Another problem is that the logo (Microsoft Certified Partner) were not created here and I cannot find any other vector form. When looking inside,
    it seems to be created by FreeHand 8.0.

I tried to convert the EPS into something else using Ghostscript, but I was not successful.

I've just bought Xara Xtreme Upgrade (having good previous experience with Xara X). I did use the argument for the upgrade to have something newer that works with newer formats than Xara X (which also failed in the case). You know, my boss do not need to know everything . On the other hand, I need to have the work done .

Thanks for your time and experience,
    Petr
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Xara Xtreme problem to import FreeHand 8 EPS file

Hi Pepr,
    Had no trouble opening your file when I reexported it from FH as an AI file. I always try and export from FH as AI ver. 7 first and if that does not work I try AI ver.88. The later exported the file into Xara as shapes instead of text with the internal shapes in p's and d's filled in with the same colour while ver 7 imported it fine bar there are two lines which are invisable that are connected to the C in certified.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I tried copy and pasting from FH and bar the size it worked without hitch.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks, Albacore,

I do not have the FreeHand (I guess that the free does not stand for the price ). Thank you for converting the logo.