Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: iStock Xara Xtreme thread

Quote Originally Posted by pauland
    jamesmc, you have it all wrong. I have bought quite a few images from istockphoto for use on websites. As far as I'm concerned iStockPhoto is a godsend. Where else could I be picking up images for $1 that I can reuse as often as I like on customer websites (not that I've resused any yet).

I really don't understand where you get this misguided impression from.

Paul
    You do realize that one's impression is just that one's impression.

I studied the site and their membership requirements. In order to buy items, one buy credits in chunks of $10.00 or more, regardless of what they wish to buy.

I don't know about purchasing images for use on other's websites, I have never done that nor had a wish to do so.

I can also use my own images on websites as often as I like.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
    You do realize that one's impression is just that one's impression.
    Yes, one can certainly give and get the wrong impression sometimes.
    I studied the site and their membership requirements. In order to buy items, one buy credits in chunks of $10.00 or more, regardless of what they wish to buy.
    $10 is virtually no money. For that you can buy ten images for use on a website. In comparison with getting suitable images from other sources, or trying to get your own photographs it's very much a bargain if you can find a suitable image.
    I don't know about purchasing images for use on other's websites, I have never done that nor had a wish to do so.
    Well, I've made a one-page website for a friend starting an audio-visual business and also done a website proposal for an alpine chalet. It was far better for me to source these with iStockPhoto than try and produce my own images.
    I can also use my own images on websites as often as I like.
    Absolutely - just like the rest of us.

In my situation iStockPhoto is a breath of fresh air, but I can understand that your circumstances may be different.

For anyone like me who needs cheap stock imagery from time to time, iStockPhoto is a great resource and I really didn't want your impressions to put people off from using them.

If anyone can point to a similar resource at iStockPhoto prices, I'd love to hear of it.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF

It's gone a little quiet recently, but I think some nudging from the ambassadors from TalkGraphics could help revive it

* And those that want to receive the Xara Outsider newsletter, but didn't receive the first issue, you can subscribe at: http://www.xara.com/news
    As regards giving them a nudge, as far as I can see to contribute too the forum you not only have to register, which is fair enough, you have to have contributed and had accepted work to their stock library.
    Derek

Masque, did you cut off your thumb (or is it that you just sewed it back on???)????
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    Masque, did you cut off your thumb (or is it that you just sewed it back on???)????
    ?

Your thumb/snail avatar?????
    -=Bob=-

Other cheap stock photo sites - Big Stock Photo - Dreamstime - Stock Expert and of course Stock Exchange which is the cheapest of all because it's FREE.

Christine