Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I only just managed to view these strange things and have had a lot of cross eyed fun viewing them.
    I thought I'd have a go at an animated version.
    You can view it here

A word of warning. It's quite processor hungry so don't leave it running after viewing it.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I only just managed to view these strange things and have had a lot of cross eyed fun viewing them.
    I thought I'd have a go at an animated version.
    You can view it here

A word of warning. It's quite processor hungry so don't leave it running after viewing it.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

What fun Egg. Great job! I've never seen an animated Stereogram before. It will be interesting to see how the stereogram challenged people in the forum react.

Mickie

Cheers Mickie
    Here was my first attempt, when I wasn't to worried about file size. It may take some time to download, but I think its a better sterogram.
    HERE
    Egg
    Egg

Still can't see anything but fishies....

really really really cool Egg.
    I just love these things, first time I've seen one in motion. GREAT JOB!
    tim

I like the second one the most.

Wowee, adding animation gives a new "dimension" to the stereogram. Great fun. I agree, the second one has a sharper hidden image.
    Just a thought... would it be possible to do a fixed pattern but a moving 3d depth image? I mean, you look at the pic and it looks relatively stationary, but if you focus in on the 3d image, the hidden image is animated. Could it be done?

John - I couldn't see them until a couple of days ago. The only way I can see them is to put my nose almost on the monitor, looking at the wall behind the monitor, then keeping my focus on the wall, move my head slowly away from the monitor.

Tim - I've never seen one in motion either, but I thought it would be possible.

Grafix - I'm sure it could. I've only messed around with Gary's text type routine at present. I downloaded a couple of strerogram apps tonight, but not got to grips with them yet, but I'm sure if you created several renderings of say a cube as it rotates and create an animated gif of the series, you should be able to create a rotating animation as you describe.

Crosseyed Egg
    Egg

Meanwhile,
    This has nothing to do with stereograms (other than I was using these figures to create one but it didn't work out). The group below are based on a L.S.Lowry painting.

L.S.Lowry was a painter of English working class scenes. He used a Matchstick man approach but his paintings of the industrial landscape of the North of England are greatly loved and capture a bygone era perfectly.

LINK HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	2408  
    Egg

Excellent animation, Egg, I knew if anyone was likely to beat me to it it would be you. You also chose the type of 3D image that would lend itself to animation. Wish I'd thought of it first!

The type of Stereogram animation that Grafixman has in mind is actually pretty tricky to watch. I made one a year or so ago, and the eye keeps trying to follow the textures moving, instead of the 3D shape moving. As normal objects move, their surface details move with them, but in a Random Dot stereogram the surface textures are controlled to create the 3D illusion, and don't move with the rotation of the object.

Also the background field tends to wobble about too, and I tried experimenting to see if that could be minimised, but I haven't been very successful yet.

See what you make of the one below.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnimCube32.gif 
Views:	489 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	11408