Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Thanks All, Advice on creating certain shapes

Good Morning,

Just to thank everyone that has given me excellent advice on here over the past few days, I really really do appreciate it. I have now sussed out how to create paint shop pro preset shapes from xara graphics after months of frustration it has all been worth it, thanks to you guys.

I have another little question, and hopefully I will not have to pester you again for a while I have managed to create most the symbols that I need with your great advice, but there are 2 symbols that I have tried for nearly 24 hrs solid to recreate in xara, and just can not do it

If I attach them, would it be possible for someone to have a look and maybe advise me how I would start to go about them, as I have tried and tried and failed miserably

I will be purchasing Xara when my trial expires, as I am totally and utterly addicted, I love it more than my pspx, Im just a bit frustrated trying to do certain things, and cant, but I am sure I will pick it up in time.

Once again, thanks very much in advance.

Kindest Regards
    Nikki
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antfemale.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	25586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antmale.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	25587  

Default Re: Thanks All, Advice on creating certain shapes

I think this is what you want, though its difficult to judge the outline thickness so it might need adjusting to suit. Also there appears to be a white rectangle rather than a square on the one side of the small cube. if its not supposed to be a rectangle you may need to adust or let me know and I'll do it.

Don't forget to check your layers as the two drawings on are two different layers.

Derek
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by masque; 09 May 2006 at 10:49 AM.

Black Cube = Check out Garys Tut. on how to make a cube here: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook19/page_1.htm

White Squares = After you make the cube you can clone each side and shift click + resize, posiistion and color em white.

And I know you can make the circles.

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE

Here's another example.
    Just used the shape editor tool to draw most of the shapes.
    Open your original in Xtreme and just draw over top of it.
    Use different colours so that the new one stands out.

Masque, you did that fast, I have been trying for hours, and couldnt get anything that resembles that in the slightest..lol.. I have just printed it off and its absoloutly perfect.

Kiwi - Thank you so much too, yours is spot on perfect aswell.

Tirade - Thanks alot for the link, I will read that soon.

I really cant thank you all enough for your help, really I cant.

Hopefully I wont pester you for a while..lol.. I am going to practice practice practise with this software.

Have a nice day everyone, and thanks again for your help

Kindest Regards
    Nikki

Ah well, I did it too..

Name:	design.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	25590  

Masque - I am a twit, I have only just noticed that antmale didnt line up properly, and that the origial antmale one I attached was the wrong one

I have tried to ammend it myslef in xara, and not done very well, so if I attach a copy of what the shape in the middle should look like, could you possible ammend the xar file, I would like to donate something toward a charity of your choice for your help.

So sorry to be a pain.

There is no rush at all for it, and so sorry if you think I am cheeky.

Kindest Regards
    Nikki

Name:	antmale proper one.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	599.2 KB 
ID:	25591  

Try this

Oh Bless you Pauland,

What a fantastic diagram and explanation, I will have a go at it, and hopefully I will get the hang of it.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to do that for me, It will also help me get the hang of how xara works, as I have only had it for 3 or 4 days.

You guys are fantastic and so helpful.

Kindest Regards
    Nikki

Hi Pauland, thanks so much for that, I have got the female version of the image (left hand pic), as Kiwi did it for me, thats the one you kindly did the diagram with, it was the right hand symbol that had a line in the wrong place.

But I will try and have a go at ammending it myself, it is nearly perfect but one of the the sections doesnt fit perfectly to the corner like the 2nd copy of the one I posted.

I will get the hang of this I am sure, and once again, thanks for your kindness.

Kind Regards
    Nikki

P.S Have started to try your instructions, and they are fab, youve taught me alot with that..thankings, Just hope I can do this, if not, I wouldnt mind paying you to do them.
    Last edited by nikola247; 09 May 2006 at 11:50 AM.