Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default using snape radii tool

Hello to all and hope you're doing well. I need to pick someone's brain about a situation I'm in and hope you can help me find an answer. I'm trying to create a background effect for mother's day cards and am having a heck of a time. I'm trying to create the look of victorian wall paper with alternating dark and light vertical stripes. What I did was to create a quarter inch wide by 8 and one half inches high stripe, one dark green and one light green. My plan was to marry those two stripes together and then repeat to make a "wall" 8 1/2" high by 5 1/2" wide upon which I will have a framed picture hanging. Problem is I can get all the elements lined up vertically with no sweat but when I try to abut each element horizontally so that I can get an exact flush bank of stripes no matter what setting I use on the snape radii function everytime I try to bring one set of vertical stripes near another set the snape together nicely but not at the edges. There is always some overlapping and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thalnks.

Manny

Default Re: using snape radii tool

Hi Manny

Try the attached xar file. I created it using a grid of 1" and sub grid of 4 (1/4") Then applied snap to grid. The 2 Greens are named colours Base1 and Base2. Just edit the colours to alter the look.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 04 May 2006 at 06:00 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg thanks for your quick response. I'm sorry to be so dense but I followed your suggestion and I did get it to work up to a point but I'm trying to refine what I'm doing, I guess because I'm just lazy but I'll tell you what I did and you tell me what I'm doing wrong. Okay I set up a grid on and 81/2 by ll landscape document. Then I created a rectangle that was 81/2" tall and a .25" wide. I then did a duplicate and pasted the original at one end of the document and painted it light green and the duplicate at the other end of the document and painted it a dark green and then I used the blend tool and put 44 as the number of subdivisions and got a very nice symetrical wallpaper but the colors went across the document in a blending mode. How do I get each subdivision to alternate light and dark green. Forgive me for being so dense.
    Thanks for the advice.

Manny

GROUP a light and dark green set on the left, same thing on the right, THEN make your blend.
    -=Bob=-

Hi Hellenic43

I just finished registering so I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I'll give it a shot. I used to have the same problem as your describing if I am not mistaken, where I would drag a square (as an example) to another square and they did not snap to the right place.....edge to edge. The solution to this is where you grab the square with your mouse. If you grab the edge of the square, the edge will line up. If your mouse is in the center of the square to move, then the center will line up with the edge of the stationary square.