Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have both Xara and XaraX1 installed on my computer. I have just installed X1 from my new CD.
    I have a file which I need to work on for a work deadline tomorrow and when I open ANY file in Xara or XaraX1, no matter what tool I select I get the hand tool appearing and cannot select anything to do any work.
    I have tried uninstalling and re-installing XaraX1 and re-starting my computer, all to no avail. PLEEESE can anyone help. I'd be so grateful.

I have both Xara and XaraX1 installed on my computer. I have just installed X1 from my new CD.
    I have a file which I need to work on for a work deadline tomorrow and when I open ANY file in Xara or XaraX1, no matter what tool I select I get the hand tool appearing and cannot select anything to do any work.
    I have tried uninstalling and re-installing XaraX1 and re-starting my computer, all to no avail. PLEEESE can anyone help. I'd be so grateful.

Have you tried re-install XaraX? - What operating system - if XP try going back to last good restore point. I think 2000 has something similar.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Try typing the spacebar, which should over-ride to the selector tool. -Andrew

Thank you both very much, I am running Win2K.
    I think something was wrong with my system. Spacebar helped, I un-installed and re-installed several times and re-started my machine quite a few times and it finally worked.
    Strangely, my old version of Xara was doing the same thing.
    Thanks heaps.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I think the last tool used is stored in the registry, And both x and x1 use that value. Richard has studied the registry alot when it comes to xara, he might be able to shed some light on which key went goofy.
    John/DOT