Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xara Manual

Lightbulb Xara Manual

I know people have discussed this before, but I constantly ask myself two things:
    1. Why shouldn't someone create a manual? I know Gary is a busy person, and, as a book publisher myself I know the tideous work which does not cover itself financially.

Personaly, English is not my native language. If it were, I'd make something out I suppose.

2. Why is the forum "tips and tricks" has been closed for several years? XaraXone is wonderful, but it updates only once a month! I am sure there are so many talanted people who would be pleased to contribute some tutorials, tips and tricks.

3. I would like to suggest a "save" corner. I mean that there are some threads and advices that deserve to be saved, and not moved over with new threads. Something like an archieve.

Default Re: Xara Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    1. Why shouldn't someone create a manual? I know Gary is a busy person, and, as a book publisher myself I know the tideous work which does not cover itself financially.
    There already is a seperate 275 page printed manual :

http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/buy.asp

As well, the Retail edition comes with a pdf manual.

Or were you thinking more of a third party 'How To' book similar to the Corel Painter IX WOW! book for Corel Painter IX:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/032...Fencoding=UTF8

Yes, I spent about 15 years on the manual. Please buy it. I don't get royalties, I just want people to read it.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hey Antony! 15 years? Wow, that's more than I would like to work on something.

Anyway, how about reopening the tips&tricks forum? The forum will not be free for all just for tutorials and such. Think about it.

Well, Antony, SOMEONE (and now it will be ME) should say a BIG THANK YOU for putting that book together!!!!! I love it!!!! Thank you for doing all that work... know that it is appreciated!
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by Availor
    Anyway, how about reopening the tips&tricks forum? The forum will not be free for all just for tutorials and such. Think about it.
    It's not closed as such, just no one maintains it. It's on my list of things to do, which is quite long with TG!

Thanks Drifter. That is appreciated.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Smile Re: Xara Manual

I just purchased the manual, and it's well worth its price.

Thank you, AnthonyF,

I just started my second pass thru the manual. The first time i read it (and i am very careful reading books - NEVER fold pages back) a couple of pages actually came out of the binding.
    Now on the second time thru, almost every single page is popping out.

I plan on finding a three holed metallic binder to fit the manual's size and then punching holes in each page and doing it that way, and then making a real nice Xara-made cover!!!

BUT i think the powers that be (Antony?) should contact the printer re. this binding glue he's using - or whatever.

UNLESS i am the only one having this situation arise.
    -=Bob=-

Same here. The glue used is terrible. Only the last 20 or so pages are still together.

Hi Guys

Do you think it's a Bug or a Book Worm?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host