Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone have time to help with a specific WMF (+ai/swf) export problem?

I have a number of icons I need exported to WMF. Now I know that WMF can't seem to handle gradients, but apparently it can't handle curved lines either. When I export the attached file (which is a constructed example) from Xara X (plain old, not even X1) the lines end up very inaccurate and jaggy. Why is that, and can I do anything about it? Converting lines to shapes didn't seem to help.

Also, when I convert the file to AI and use Illustrator to convert it to WMF, they all end up pitch black, but the lines are nicer...

And when I convert to SWF, the lines are sure smooth, but inaccurate as hell!

Anyway, the WMF is the most important thing. Anyone got any idea? 3rd party apps are welcome, as I'm up for any solution right now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

Default Re: Anyone have time to help with a specific WMF (+ai/swf) export problem?

Hi,
    I just exported your Test.xar file to both Ai, and wmf files and they came in alright when I imported them into CorelDrawX3, exported from XaraXtreme. If you want I can e-mail you the ones I exported.
    Jim

Default Re: Anyone have time to help with a specific WMF (+ai/swf) export problem?

Thanks, I just imported the files into Illustrator as well (from WMF format) and they seem fine. It seems that it's the built in preview in Windows XP which messes things up... I'll have to talk to the client tomorrow and see how his application renders the WMF file (though he uses build in Windows APIs to render it, I think).
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.