Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Xara/Sketchup

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Xara/Sketchup

It won't export a transparent background ifthat's what you mean. What you can do is set your background colour to white and turn off the gradient sky/ground. Then when you export your model will be against white which is easier to work with in programs like xara or photoshop.

Talking Re: Xara/Sketchup

Hi all,

Anyone can tell me how to make imported CAD "pushable/pullable" off the bat?

Once I exploded the CAD drawing, I have to manually re-draw most of the lines again to make it "pushable/pullable" for lack of better term.

Anyway, is there a command that if I select all the entities, and tell the program to "connect" to other lines, kind of thing?

Thanks in advance.
    [OkeeneenaM]

Default Re: Xara/Sketchup

Scripts are being worked on to do some what you are describing. There are scripts that make faces from segment polygons, but I do not believe there any for a large selection of mulitple polylines.

And I don't think you can run scripts from the free version; however.

NightedDUKE
    "Also, you can make transparent PNGs (if there is a PNG export). Just change your layer(s) color to black, choose the layer option to color by layer. Now all objects are black ... now export to another PNG file ... you've got a perpect alpha mask to use with the "normal" mode PNG of the same drawing.
    "
    Last edited by jclements; 11 May 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Red face Re: Xara/Sketchup

Thanks, jclements.

I guess it's not too bad that I could import CAD files to it, rather than drawing it all over again with SketchUp.

[OkeeneenaM]