Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara/Sketchup

Default Xara/Sketchup

This maybe an opportunity for those of you interested in doing perspective drawings and then importing your results into Xara to dress things up.

http://www.sketchup.com/
    Last edited by jclements; 27 April 2006 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: FYI: Google-SketchUp is now free

wow! this is crazy! maybe if I learn it i could model houses for my mmorpg in blender looks like she can export a lot of model formats! thank you for this info!

RonC

Wow, c'est cool!

The downloadlinks are not working though on the sketchup page, the adress should be http://sketchup.google.com/download.html

Thank you Mikalele, I tried the nonworking link but with your tip found the working link and downloaded program . thank you JClements for drawing my attention to free sketchup.

Default SketchUp/Xara

Hi all,
    this is my first post as I am considering purchasing Xara Xtreme for presentation output.

what are your comments abou tthe effectiveness of the Xtreme for this task? Ross, I notice you post frequently and I assume that you are the "Ross Mcintosh" from the SketchUp forum.

Any comments or examples would be much apprciated......

Andrew

Utile design
    Australia

Default SketchUp/Xara

Ross? You out there?

I ran into a mention on ArsTechnica of a free version of Google SketchUp. Sure enough, I followed the link and downloaded a free version. No registration; no personal information gathering.

The SketchUp site was vague regarding the difference between the free version and the full price version.

Maybe Ross (our resident SketchUp guru) could clue us in.

http://www.sketchup.com/

>>> This post was merged in here (Risto)
    Last edited by RTK; 28 April 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Cheers John,
    That's unbelievable! I've wanted a copy of this program ever since Ross first mentioned it but could never justify the cost.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It is indeed 3D for the masses. I can imagine all the applications.

Been playing with the free Sketchup. Even made a Flash movie with some moving characters walking around a block full of buildings. Simply amazing how easy it was.

WOW! Thanks guys! I haven't installed it yet. I dl'd it and i watched the first video. Outstanding. I'm kind of afraid to install it and start playing with it while i'm still learning Xara - don't want to leave Xara alone. I shall have to explore this and put the two together!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

I downloaded it and it seems to have limitations..you can only export Images, and not any popular type of DXF,DWG, obj etc. type models, unless you sign up for GoogleEarth.
    to me that is rip off..
    Jim