Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Zooming in

Default Zooming in

Is there any way of zooming in on a given area of a drawing in a predictable fashion? I have found that invoking a 1000% zoom, for instance, will zoom in on an unwanted portion of my drawing and I find myself using the 'hand' push tool to try and locate the desired area.

Default Re: Zooming in

Yes. You set up a view.

From the Window menu select New View. A new window (the new view) opens. Zoom in as desired. Now you can toggle between views by pressing Ctrl Tab. You can set up as many views as you want.

If you are only working in 2 views all the time you can use the Previous Zoom icon (the magnifying glass icon on the Infobar with the red arrow) to zoom back and forth just by pressing that icon.

Gary

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Default Re: Zooming in

gAry, One question, well, maybe a few... Me thinks you've created more questions than answers...

When the new views are set up, at the bottom of the window menu pulldown it shows the filename + xar:1, xar:2, xar:3 etc. How do you now get rid of the unwanted listings which look like new versions of the same drawing. I've never used this function in Xara so I'm trying to understand & figure out ways or uses so as to best implement the function.

Can you anyone explain with more detail about the in's & out's of this? I don't recall seeing anything in the manual about it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wW; 07 April 2006 at 09:14 PM.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE