Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import image to Publisher

Hello,

Before I present my next challenge, I wanted to thank you all for solving my last problem. Your help is invaluable.

This time, I have created a simple sketch of a flower in Xara. I want to export the image from Xara to Microsoft Publisher. I tried this by just cut and pasting, however, the image in publisher suddenly acquires a white background box. I went back to the original image in Xara and checked, but it doesn't seem to have a white background in Xara. Am I missing something here? I checked out previous posts about eliminating backrounds etc, and learned some new things but as my image doesn't seem to have a background until it gets to Publisher, I am at a loss as to how to resolve this.

Well, thank you in advance. Have a great day everyone.

Sheri
    PS - I attached the image just in case (and yes, I know I can't draw, but I teach primary school kids, so they won't care as long as it's colourful!!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Import image to Publisher

You probably need to do an insert picture from file. The clipboard has its limitations at times.

Maybe a GIF with a transparent background or PNG. I haven't used Publisher in years, and don't remember how it handles different file types. There were a few vector formats that you could try, too.

You would have to try a few and see which one s work the best.

Look at the insert picture from file for useable formats.

Rich

Hi Sheri,

Have you exported your image as a png with Alpha? I've attached a png file of your flowers and how it looks in Microsoft Publisher 2003.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sheri's Flowers.png 
Views:	328 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	24694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheri_flowers.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	24695  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Sheri-Chan,

Your flowers are very nice and well done. The kids will love them.

As Molucca said, you will need to create a file with a transparent background so that you can "insert" it into Publisher.

I would recommend that you create a .png file (with transparent background).

In Xara, FILE > EXPORT and in the save as type: drop-drow box, select PNG(*.png).

AFTER creating the .png file, open up Publisher and then INSERT > PICTURE > FROM FILE and locate the .png file that you exported in Xara.

GOOD LUCK!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_export.gif 
Views:	358 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	24696  

Hi guys, thanks so much. I just posted the message, had a shower and by the time I got back to the computer, you'd solved the problem! I tried exporting it as a "png with alpha" file and it worked a treat. Thanks again.

Sheri