Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Animation Hosting Problem

Oh i actually wanted to set it up at "3".The speed's good though,but what happened to the graphics?Did you change the optimization settings?Is that why my speed is like that the whole time?Because of my optimization settings?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by xGnochx
    Oh i actually wanted to set it up at "3".The speed's good though,but what happened to the graphics?Did you change the optimization settings?Is that why my speed is like that the whole time?Because of my optimization settings?
    I just culled out the frames using the culling effect of the program. It went from 30ish something frames to about 11 frames.

What graphics? The contrasts in the frame didn't permit me to notice any graphics. Were the graphics layered in? If so, they may have been deleted when I culled the frames.

If you will notice the movement and the person clapping can be done in less than 12 frames or so instead of the 30ish something you had.

You have to look at each action and separate it individual events.

================================================== ===
    Some extra stuff don't have to read:
    Like a simple walk cycle contains 7 events, 8 at the most.

The most obvious cycle in your animation is the person clapping. This can be done in 2 events. (the holding apart and placing together of the hands.)

One can also combine events in one frame. (i.e.; hands spread apart preparing to clap, head tilt right, slight turn to the body.)

The next frame can be hands closing, head tilting back to center position; leaving the body tilted to right and change body tilt in next frame.

It's a matter of taste. Simple rule is the larger and more complicated the movement of an object is, the more frames you will need to adjust the motion events.

You can also simulate motion by camera paths. Since Animation Shop doesn't have cameras, you can use a graphics program by zooming in or out, panning or tilting the frame in a paint program.

Having stationary objects in the background change position relative to an object performing events in the foreground will simulate that the object is actually going somewhere.

LIghting can also simulate movement, but that's beyond the scope here.

Tips for drawing your own frames are best done in Animation Shop's companion software, Paint Shop Pro. If you want the most transparent frames, the ability to draw in layers and many more effects use Paint Shop Pro.

One reason is that PSP art is easily updated to Animation Shop because of Animation's export to PSP function and vice versa. This makes tweaking very easy as you can swap back and forth between the programs without having to shut either of them down.

Another reason is that with PSP version 7 or before, Animation Shop will accept PSP in its native format without any loss of quality or layering effects. (If you have a newer version, when you save the frame, just select options on the save dialog and change to PSP 7 compatibility.)
    IP

thanks so much jamesmc!u have now solved my problem! God bless.
    IP