Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding brushes

Welcome Dave.
    As a complete aside, I don't add brushes to XaraX as they can very soon slow down the loading time each time you start XaraX. What's the point in adding say 50 additional brush shapes each time you start XaraX when in the normal course of events you're not going to use any of them?
    Alternatively, I have a folder named 'Brushes', where I store each individual brush shape as a xar file. Then if I need a particular brush, I load the required xar file from the Brush folder and paste it to the file in which I want to use it.
    Just a thought.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"Jealous John?? " - Richard

couldn't resist the pun...

Ancient chineese Smart A__, once say...

"It is better to have hair in your brush,
    then in your teeth..." http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    John/DOT

Thank you for the info on not adding brushes, as they can slow Xara down. I will do as Egg suggests and create a brush folder.
    I really just wanted the "smoke" brush, as I like the effect it gives.

Regards,
    Dave
    I'm not really an Android, work just makes me feel that way.

Dave,
    If you like "smoke" effects ... don't miss Mike Engles "puffy cloud" brush in the swap shop (look at last post on the TalkGraphics main page under Swap Shop). It is fabulous for smoke, mist, and clouds.

BTW ... Welcome to the forum.