Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Remove Color from a textured fill

If you draw an object in Xara Xtreme and fill it with a color textured fill from the fill gallery -- is there any way to change the colored texture fill to black and white while still retaining the texture?

Default Re: Remove Color from a textured fill

Assuming that the texture is a bitmap fill you will need to extract the bitmap from the bitmap gallery - do this by dragging it into the main screen. Then convert it to black and white - you can do this usually by selecting the bitmap and left clicking on black in the colour bar (right clicking will invert the colours). You then need to make a bitmap copy of the new texture and use this to fill you shape by selecting the new bitmap in the gallery and clicking fill whilst the shape is selected. You can then delete any bitmaps from the main window.

Christine

A much more direct way: Go into the fill tool, make sure one of the fill handles is selected (click on it) and then just click a colour (e.g. white).

The two fill handles control the colour of the start and end colour of the contone.

Thanks Charles, the only problem I have with doing it your way is when I print it reverts back to the original colours. I guess this is a bug but haven't seen anyone mention it.

Christine

That has never happened to me in X1 Christine
    Design is thinking made visual.

1. Christine your method worked just fine converting the fill to black and white.
    2. Charles your method also worked and when I printed it out the color did not change back to the orginal as Albacore indicated.
    3. Christine possible we are using different versions of Xtreme that might explain why your color changed in printing. Since I am new to Xtreme my version is "Xara Xtreme 2.0e CD Dec 1, 2005".
    4. Thank you all for the solutions. I am coming from Adobe Ill CS2 and Xtreme is sure easy to learn and seems to get the same results. Gary Priester's Workbooks are the best learning tools I have ever seen to get a new user up to speed in record time. I never saw any thing like these workbooks from Adobe. What a great marketing tool for Xtreme.

Again Thank you for the solutions.
    Bill Agnor

Default Charles M. >>>>>

"Thank you all for the solutions. I am coming from Adobe Ill CS2 and Xtreme is sure easy to learn and seems to get the same results. Gary Priester's Workbooks are the best learning tools I have ever seen to get a new user up to speed in record time. I never saw any thing like these workbooks from Adobe. What a great marketing tool for Xtreme."
    Charles, if this is not a good endorsement, I don't know what is.

Maybe Bill will give you permission to use it on the WWW.XARA.COM home page.

And, as always, Kudos to Master Gary Priester.
    Last edited by jclements; 02 April 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Red face Re: Remove Color from a textured fill

Most sincere thanks.

Gary