Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: CMYK PDF export not correct?

I think there are 3 solutions:

- Either have Xtreme as it is but (re-) add all the cmyk/Pantone stuff from the X1 version plus a few other print related options (HKS color palettes would be great as they're much more of a standard here in Europe/Germany than Pantone) or

- Split into an "Xtreme Standard" and "Xtreme Pro" or

- Split into a more vector related version and a more bitmap oriented version just like Adobe does with PS and AI - maybe "Xtreme Print" and "Xtreme Screen" or alike

I hope Xara Ltd realizes they might be on the wrong path with their turn to mass market and forgetting about the more professional users.

You know i wish the day would come where ".xar" would be the industry standard (because it indeed would simplify things a lot) but as long as this day is not tomorrow i think it is an absolute must for Xara to be standards compatible to be further taken seriously in the "pro" market.
    Last edited by beatz01; 04 July 2006 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beatz01
    ...You know i wish the day would come where ".xar" would be the industry standard (because it indeed would simplify things a lot)...
    That day might come much more quickly because of Xara's move toward the non-pro user. If everybody uses it, it does become a standard.

Defintely not the way it is now.

The current Xtreme version is not half as usable for pro users like the X1 version was, so even if the non-pro users market increases, at the same time by having reduced the options and functionality in the new version Xtreme has become less acceptable for the pro users than ever.

Not a wise move in any way, as leaving the pro users out surely will *not* help .xar become an industry standard, no matter how much the hobby market share increases.

As said, that's for the current state.

I have posted a new "Xtreme Pro" wishlist thread - maybe it can help to convince the makers there is a demand for a pro version