Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Translations

Default Re: Translations

This stuff... this agreement to sign... I don't think it can really work for a long time in that way
    Meanwhile, I've to send mine
    IP

XaraXL is now second in the queue ! :-)

Is it ok with the ownership transition ?

I am not sure I can give lots of time for the translations (I am no professional graphist, so there are tons of technical words for wich I doin't know the translation), but I could at least re-read the texts and proof the grammar.

Neil, let me know if you want me to sign anything.
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Skadge - I've emailed you my launchpad account details.

Thanks

Neil
    IP

Ok, Neil is now the official maintainer.

By the way, the xaralx.pot file isn't anymore in Rosetta's import queue. It should has been ckecked in by the Ubuntu staff, but the translation framework is still not available in Rosetta, so...

Maybe we could send them a mail...? Neil ?
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Thanks. Ok, I'll chase this with them.

Neil
    IP

Jordi Mallach, from the Launchpad team, has just sent me a mail to ask for confirmation before putting the translation framework online for Xara. So it should start soon now.
    IP

The template is online on Launchpad ! Let start the translation

Everything here : https://launchpad.net/products/xaralx/0.4/+pots/xaralx/
    Last edited by Skadge; 09 May 2006 at 12:10 AM.
    IP

Tag2015 here, I'm working on the italian translation. Currently launchpad shows 100% completion rate of the italian translation because I upped my work-in-progress .po file that is based on the one Xara provided (fully in english, you know). So launchpad marks all the strings as translated even though the true completion rate is around 30-40% and the remaining is still in english. This is quite hard to work with, maybe i should restart from scratch?

One last thing - I don't know if I'll be online this weekend so don't get angry if I don't reply...
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Translations

Cool.

I have started the french translation.
    From now on, I'll translate about 20 items a day, which would theoritically make the whole avalilable in about 8 months at this rate... but I won't be alone on this task, will I ?

As I wrote above, I am not a graphist at all myself, and there are technical terms I have no clue how to translate... could french graphists call for help on some of their specialized forums ?

Hint : in the Rosetta interface, dont forget to select 'untranslated' in the drop down menu if you want to 'jump' directly to the words and sentences that have not yet been translated
    IP

Important notice : the web page http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

isn't true anymore, and is misleading now that Rosetta is used for the translation.

I suggest to direct the people on this forum instead.
    Last edited by Psycoach; 13 May 2006 at 02:46 PM.
    IP