Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Translations

Default Re: Translations

Small update :

I've renamed the Launchpad project into xaralx, so it can now be found there : https://launchpad.net/products/xaralx

I've uploaded a .pot file built from the 0.4rev780. It's currently under reviewing by the Launchpad team, and should be online whitin the next few days.

I've also restarted the french translation with a freshly generated .po file : the one which in online on Xara website is already filled with the english strings, making it hard to know what is done, what is not. I can put online this new version, but I think it will be easier to upload it on Launchpad as soon as it get online.

Regards
    IP

Hi, I would like to translate Xara into Russian. Hope someone will join me, since the amount of work is too large for one man
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Next week I want to start publishing translations (even unfinished ones) along with the Xara LX build that we put on the web site. So if any of you have a partially (or fully ;-) )translated po file (and you've signed our contributor agreement), can you send it to the commits mail list (see www.xaraxtreme.org/community/) and I'll include it.

Can someone confirm whether it's useful for us to provide the current pot file as well as the po file on our web site?

Thanks

Neil
    IP

In order to understand the status of the translation, current .po files should be available. Otherwise translators will duplicate what has already been done by someone else.
    IP

Hi everybody!
    I started translating XaraLX to italian... am I the first one? I'd rather avoid to duplicate work...
    However, I'll post my in-progress translation as soon as possible!
    IP

???

Rosetta/launchpad *is* a tool to help community translations.

To present it simply :
    A sentence appears on the screen, you translate it, and you validate.
    Then comes the next sentence : you translate it, and you validate...

Everything is online, the percentage progress is updated in real time.
    Ten people can work on the same translation file, two persons won't get the same sentence to translate.

Wait until XaraXL has been accepted in the Rosetta (the tool is made available by the Linux Ubuntu Team), and start the translation only at this moment if you don't want to make duplicate work.
    IP

yes...
    The .pot file is still waiting for reviewing, you can have a look here : https://launchpad.net/rosetta/import...EVIEW&type=pot
    IP

I had a look at the 'Waiting to be reviewed' .pot files applications listing in Rosetta, and it appears that Xara is on a quite long queue : about one hundred applications are before it to be reviewed.

The oldest one (the first in the queue) has been uploaded for review... at the end of february :-(

Has anybody here personal contacts at Ubuntu, in order to use them to speed things up ?
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Yes it looks like Rosetta will be very useful. But we still have to control contributions to the offical source tree and that means it's not entirely straightforward, because we'll have to control who can make translation contributions via Rosetta. All contributors must sign our contributor agreement if the translations are to be included in the official Xara LX.

Hopefully we'll be able to do this by having a group that will allow us to control who has access to the project in Rosetta. Only people who've submitted a signed contributor agreement will be added to the group. Does that sound workable?

Skadge - are you ok to assign ownership of that 'Series' you created over to me?

Shame the queue is so long!

Neil
    IP

Yes, no prbl.

Have you already an account on Launchpad ? I need your login.
    IP