Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Translations

Default Translations

Hello !

I've started to translate Xtreme into French and I was wondering: where can I upload the .po file for other people to contribute ?
    IP

Default Re: Translations

Good news ! I'm french too ! Tell me when the file will be uploaded and how to change the langage.

thanks for your work skadge
    IP

Bonjour !

Everything is explained here : http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

We should work on the same .po file. It's not possible to upload it directly on the forum, so I'm waiting for an "official" place to do it... maybe on the subversion server ?
    IP

Very good idea !!! I am french speaking too. Even if working with Xara and creating tutorials was a good english language training for me I think the translation in other languages could open new diffusion areas to the program.

Of course the best would be making translations available as independent modules (and also for windows versions).

kindly,
    ivan
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Hi guys - thanks for your interest in doing a French version of LX!

As you've probably seen from the translation instructions on our web site, we've not perfected the translation process yet so it's useful to have feedback from you now. There's no way yet for you to upload your translated files so you can share the translation work. But I guess we need a mechanism like that so I'll try and get something in place in the next few days to help.

In the meantime, perhaps you can share a po file between you by just attaching it to posts in this forum? I'll let you know when we have a po upload mechanism.

Thanks

Neil
    Xara
    IP

I didn't succeed to upload the .po file: I think the forum only allow quite a small range of filetype to be attached...
    IP

Did you try .zip files ?
    IP

Yep ! it works

How should we proceed to avoid overlapping ?

poedit says the file contains arround 18000 lines (for ~6000 strings).

Let's say I start working from line 1 to line 2000. So you can take some following section.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

I've made some choices for the translation :

* I've tried to keep translations similar to Inkscape's french terms for similar concepts (or to Gimp's when it applied)

* I've done some propositions for special concepts like "QuickShape" :

QuickShape -> Forme automatique
    Mould -> Moule (but "Mould tool" becomes "Déformer")
    Quality -> Niveau de détail
    Bevel -> Biseau/biseauter

I forget certainly a lot of them...But we have to keep a good homogeneity along the translation. Maybe we could put on a wiki a list of standard translations...
    IP

If no one else is allready started this work, I am planning on helping out with the translation to Norwegian Bokmål.

-trond-
    IP