Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translations

Hybrid View

Default Translations

Hello !

I've started to translate Xtreme into French and I was wondering: where can I upload the .po file for other people to contribute ?
    IP

Default Re: Translations

Good news ! I'm french too ! Tell me when the file will be uploaded and how to change the langage.

thanks for your work skadge
    IP

Bonjour !

Everything is explained here : http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

We should work on the same .po file. It's not possible to upload it directly on the forum, so I'm waiting for an "official" place to do it... maybe on the subversion server ?
    IP

Very good idea !!! I am french speaking too. Even if working with Xara and creating tutorials was a good english language training for me I think the translation in other languages could open new diffusion areas to the program.

Of course the best would be making translations available as independent modules (and also for windows versions).

kindly,
    ivan
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Hi guys - thanks for your interest in doing a French version of LX!

As you've probably seen from the translation instructions on our web site, we've not perfected the translation process yet so it's useful to have feedback from you now. There's no way yet for you to upload your translated files so you can share the translation work. But I guess we need a mechanism like that so I'll try and get something in place in the next few days to help.

In the meantime, perhaps you can share a po file between you by just attaching it to posts in this forum? I'll let you know when we have a po upload mechanism.

Thanks

Neil
    Xara
    IP

I didn't succeed to upload the .po file: I think the forum only allow quite a small range of filetype to be attached...
    IP

If no one else is allready started this work, I am planning on helping out with the translation to Norwegian Bokmål.

-trond-
    IP

Nobody is doing a Norwegian translation as far as I know, so feel free to start.

As far as the French translation work is concerned, it looks like there are 3 of you already working on it which is great!

We can't provide direct subversion access to everyone, so please can you submit your partially translated po files to the dev mail list. Find out how to subscribe to and email that mail list by going to www.xaraxtreme.org/community/. But first can you all check you're happy with our contributor agreement at www.xaraxtreme.org/contributor_agreement.html. The developers we've heard from so far don't seem to have any problems with it so hopefully you guys will be ok with it too. Then we'll be able to include your po file in the offical distribution of Xara LX.

As soon as you email in a po file (and as long as everyone that’s contributed to it has signed the agreement!) I'll check it into svn - so that's now the best way for you to share the work between multiple translators.

I'll look into how we can build and distribute these translated files with the main LX distribution so anyone downloading and trying it can try the French version.

I’ve just updated the translation process description at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

Thanks

Neil
    IP

Thanks !

Btw, I don't know if it's a bug, but almost all strings containing an '&' is duplicate : the first one contains '&', the second one '&'...It's quite annoying, and could maybe introduce divergent translations for the same message...
    Last edited by Skadge; 03 April 2006 at 11:52 PM.
    IP

Can you give me an example of a string that's duplicated please?

There has just been an important change made to the message file. The problem with menu text (see bugzilla.xara.com/show_bug.cgi?id=906) has been fixed, but this required a change to the po file. In the po file you'll now see that menu strings are preceded by "&" instead of "&amp".

Please can you all download a new po file from www.xaraxtreme.org/downloads/XaraLX.po and merge with your translated versions. Then you will be able to translate menu text too.

Thanks

Neil
    IP