Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bitmap Copy

Default Bitmap Copy

I was just doing the June 2006 tutorial for an ice cube. It went well until I got to the step to "Create Bitmap Copy" from the "Arrange" menu. Unfortunately, this option is not there. It is also not listed on the Xara LX website as either a completed function or an incomplete function. Does anyone know the status of this option?

Thanks.

ken
    IP

Default Re: Bitmap Copy

Hi Ken,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara Xtreme Linux Edition (LX) is still a work in progress. Some of the features in the Windows version are still being developed for the Linux version. As you have found, the "Create Bitmap Copy" is one that is still being worked on.

A work around is to export your work as a bitmap .jpg or .png then import it back into your work area.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Smile Re: Bitmap Copy

Thanks, Soquili;

I knew that Xara LX is still in development, I was just confused by the fact that the "Copy as Bitmap" wasn't listed either as done or being worked on. Thanks for the information and the suggeseted work-around.

ken
    IP

Default Re: Bitmap Copy

Quote Originally Posted by kramey View Post
    Thanks, Soquili;

I knew that Xara LX is still in development, I was just confused by the fact that the "Copy as Bitmap" wasn't listed either as done or being worked on. Thanks for the information and the suggeseted work-around.

ken
    Actually it shouldn't be that hard now we've got Bitmap export (mostly) working.

Alex
    IP