Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Translations

Default Re: Translations

Tag2015, I ran in the same problem with the .po file already translated in English. I've personnaly restarted from scratch, but it's may possible to xrite a simple program to "substract" the english strings in the .po file...

It's pleasant to see that a couple of day after the template went online there is already about 10 differents "in progress" translations !

By the way, it could be useful to have something like a wiki were each language team could write a kind of thesaurus: it would help to have homogenous translation, especially for Xara specific terms (Feather, LiveEffects...). Is it possible for the Xara team to set up such an online Scratchpad ?
    IP

I've started the norwegian translation. I would therefor like to get in touch with other norwegians wanting to help out.
    I will of course get in touch with friends and find out if they want to help.

bg
    trond
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Skadge
    By the way, it could be useful to have something like a wiki were each language team could write a kind of thesaurus: it would help to have homogenous translation, especially for Xara specific terms (Feather, LiveEffects...). Is it possible for the Xara team to set up such an online Scratchpad ?
    Another (simpler ?) solution would be to create a 'virtual' user, say Mr 'GrandTraducteur' for the french translation team.
    I open then a dedicated topic on this forum with 'his' login : 'Lexique Français'.
    The first post is a lexical guide for the translation :
    Layer : calque
    QuickShape : forme automatique
    ... and so on.

Each member of the french translation team will get Mr 'GrandTraducteur's password, so if Skadge, for instance, wants to add a word for referal in the lexical guide, he logs in as Mr 'GrandTraducteur', edits the first post to add the word and its translation, and logs out.

Before doing this, I'd like first to get the 'OK' from NeilH that he allows the appearance of topics in another language than english on this forum, and that posting under several Nicnames (2) under the same IP won't result in gettng banned from the forum !
    Last edited by Psycoach; 14 May 2006 at 10:12 PM.
    IP

Ok for your solution Psycoach
    IP

Cool !

I opened the lexical topic and I sent you Mr GrandTraducteur's pasword as a private message
    IP

Hi,

I had a look at Rosetta and I will try to give a little help on french translation. But it would be better if my propositions could be checked by one of you (Skadge or Psycoach), in order to keep some kind of "homogeneity". So, I think I will check the "Someone should review this translation" for all my propositions.

Nengo
    IP

Talking Re: Translations

Hi, I can help with the spanish translation, just let me know how
    --
    José Silva
    Venezuela
    IP

Neil, any news ? when will it be possible to work again on translations ??
    IP

Hello i would like to start working on the Portuguese (European) translation of Xara LX. I never worked with Rosetta before. I´ve checked the launchpad page and if i understood it correctly all the translation process is made online.
    There isn´t need to install XaraLX (i work with Xara Xtreme on windows) and just need to register at launchpad and start working. Am i right?

I´m just unsure if i still need to sign the contributor agreement and send it to Xara before or if the registration at Launchpad is enought.

Regards,
    Miguel
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Psycoach
    Important notice : the web page http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

isn't true anymore, and is misleading now that Rosetta is used for the translation.

I suggest to direct the people on this forum instead.
    I would like to ask, if somebody is able to update the Web page http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html with correct informations about the translation process?

Regards,
    Remi
    IP