Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animated Balloon drawing

HI All,
    I am working on a site for a friend and I'd like to incorporate an animated balloon floating across the screen with a message, on a ribbon preferably. I womndered if anyone could run through how I could draw such an item, and have the background transparent so that the balloon and ribbon look as though they are free floating?
    I am also trying to come up with a balloon-associated navigation sysetm, so any ideas would be grealty appreciated.

Andy

Default Re: Animated Balloon drawing

Hi Andy

You can create your balloon image and position it on one side of the canvas, then copy the image and place it where you want the balloon to end up. Blend the two images, convert to editable shapes, edit each shape as necessary, then copy each shape to a frame in the Animation tool, keeping them in order.

However, animated gifs are big files. You're better off creating your images in Xara, then importing them into a flash authoring app to do the animation.

I mostly use SwishMax (www.swishzone.com). KoolMoves (www.koolmoves.com) is pretty good, too.