Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size error?

Default Re: Size error?

Right you are, Egg. I'd obviously taken the advice that "the top option is the best" to heart, because my reflex reaction to paste in Xara is CTRL+V, Enter.

TBH I've only ever even paid attention to the Paste Special box when I've been trying to paste in a vector, sometimes the top option doesn't quite do what I'd expect but the other options do.

Ah well, not sure where the 192dpi comes from but at least now I know how to get a 96dpi copy! Till now I have pasted, deleted, then dragged the image out of the bitmap gallery to get the correct size! (every day for years, and often lots of times a day!!)

That's exactly what I was doing until about 18 months ago. It was damned frustrating.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"Ah well, not sure where the 192dpi comes from but at least now I know how to get a 96dpi copy! Till now I have pasted, deleted, then dragged the image out of the bitmap gallery to get the correct size! (every day for years, and often lots of times a day!!)"

Well 96 x 2 = 192. I wonder if the display settings for your monitor or type of display device (CRT or flat panel) play a part in all this?

Default Additional Question for Charles

So if you do change Xara's current method, will that have any "negative" ramifications when re-exporting or rescaleing the imported image?

Personally, I'd be satisfied with leaving things the way they are now and rescale the imported bitmap as required.
    Last edited by jclements; 27 March 2006 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: Additional Question for Charles

John
    I don't thinks it's Daniels monitor, it's Xara displaying the wrong optional paste option. Provided you paste as 'Bitmap' every time it imports at 96dpi with the correct pixel dimensions. I've never had problems rescaling or re-exporting using the Bitmap import. It just saves that step of Import/Delete/Drag from Bitmap Gallery.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm pretty sure that monitor configuration doesn't affect Xara's bitmap resolution too.

I use a tiny IBM Thinkpad laptop with a TFT screen and on my desktop have a dualhead configuration with both Iiyama TFTs connected via DVI cable from a Matrox Millennium P650 card at 1280x1024 - so if someone has a single CRT and is able to reproduce the 192dpi pasting I think we can knock one that on the head?