The Xara Xtreme LX is a great idea: You make a new open source, "cross platform" version that will ensure the eternal life of our beloved drawing app... - Great, right?

Is seems that all current Xara Xtreme users will be left behind. I mean, who want to buy a Max or convert to Linux so that you can use your all time favourite drawing app?

Future versions of Xtreme LX will be much more open, expectations are that all the things that the current users have had to wait for will only appear on LX version. Not so great...

I would love to hear from say Xara Ltd. that THEY will ensure that a precompiled version of the LX be around. I could then rest assure that I will keep on using Xara Xtreme on my favourite OS: Windows.

With VISTA appearing at some time (if not this year, then next...) many cool features will be around for any app to use. I do not know if such features will be relevant for an open source app like Xara Xtreme LX, but attention should always be put on some new from MS (facts IMHO).

So someone please make me relax - tell me that WINDOWS versions of Xara Xtreme LX will be around!