Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav Bar buttons don't work :-( <an image of the states>

Hi there.

I hope I'll be understood because my english is not very good.

When I create a one or 2 or more buttons navbar with Xtreme with different state for the mouse down, the first button takes the last state of the navbar so I lost the first state, say no state.

Let's say that the button is red with a black border line. Mouse over is the same colour. On mouse down, the colour are: border red and button black. If I export to see it in html page, nothing works... How is it possible ? ? ? S.O.S please or if you prefer Mayday, mayday...

I lost the first state of the button when I click on mouse, it doesn't work !

I try so many times that I am confused with this so easy (?) way to create a navbar with Xtreme.

Here is an image of the states I tried to explain in my first thread

Thanks

Marin 1140
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 March 2006 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Edited by Egg - Joining 2 previous posts.

Default Re: an image of the states

Hello Marin & welcome.

I'm not the best person to advise you re the navbar tool, I haven't used it for yonks now. (In fact I couldn't even get it onto my Toolbar in Xtreme and had to revert to XaraX1 to do this file.)

I think one of your problems is that with the drop shadow your using, the buttons overlap. This is a no-no with buttons. To see the overlap set the 'Veiw Quality' slider to the extreme left so your viewing in wireframe. The drop shadows become rectangles (Shadows in Xara aren't vectors, but bitmaps). So the first thing you need to do is recreate your buttons with a high Button Spacing. In the attached file I set this to 18 pixels.

Download the attached xar file and select all, select the Button Tool and hit the Export button in the Info Bar. Name the html file 'Page1' or someting similar. Play around with it, pull it apart etc.

If you still need help get back and I'm sure we'll be able to help.

(I might join your 2 posts into one, as there part and parcel of the same question).

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi EGG

I thank you very much for your help.

I'm gonna try this as soon as I'll be able to and give you news.

Marin

Hi again EGG

here is another test I've made. When I create the state of the first button, it looks good until I click set new design for mouse down.

the first button was the same color as the 2 other as you see in the file included. When I export these buttons, they look as in the file included. How can you explain that.

Note that there is no shadow behind the buttons.

Thanks again.

My real name is Antoine

Antoine

Firstly I meant to compliment you on your English, it is excellent.

I think you are getting confused between the 'Set New Design' button and 'Create/Delete States' Button.

See attachment.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	186 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	24252  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg ! !

I thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate. What time is it where you're actually ?

As you say, I'm extremely confused with the functions. The 2 or 3 or more buttons are always the same shape. Only the color and/or shadow change.

I was trying again and again while watching the movie too.

I appreciate your help and when I'll found the right way to do it, let me tell you you'll be advise Egg.

Thanks again and this forum is a great deal.

Antoine