Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Huge pages in X1

Hi all,

I've just started using X1 and although I can use it OK, there is one problem. Unlike PhotoImpact, which I am much more used to using, every time I open an image I also get a huge new page with it. The default OS background is dark grey, but the whole working area is always covered in a massive light grey background with a large white page on it, plus the image. Open another image, the first is now gone - obviously covered over.

Now, I've fiddled endlessly with the page properties, which only seem to affect the current image page size and the light grey background remains the same, covering all the work area. Just once, when I opened X1 did I have my dk grey background and scrollable boxes 806 x 380 with the lt grey, white page and image. Not ideal, but OKish. Next time I started - all lt grey work area again, etc. What I would like is NO page and no light grey whatever it is, unless I ask for a new page.

Yes, go ahead and laugh I can do mighty fine trans grads using the 'stained glass', etc, but do you think I can find the settings for this problem? noooo, haha.

Frankie.

Default Re: Huge pages in X1

Hi Frankie,
    If I'm understanding correctly, can you try to set your current view the way you want it to look, then do a "Save Template" and making sure you check the use as default template box on the right before you click on save.
    Hope I'm understanding you correctly. Sorry if I'm not.
    ron

Frankie,

It's a little confusing. Maybe if you post a screen shot of what you are talking about we'd be able to help.

Mickie

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5...02111jm.th.pnghttp://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1...02099xi.th.png

Problem seems to be, is I that the only thing I can resize is the unwanted white page, the light grey behind it always stays, as shown.

Hope pics make my lame description a little clearer.

EDIT just done a 50 x50px default white template, which restores OK on re-opening. However, the full-size light grey background is still there and is masking (I think) each new image opened, as you can only ever see the latest one.
    Last edited by Frankie; 18 March 2006 at 12:23 AM.

Frankie,

Welcome to the forum.

To see multiple drawing areas, you must un-maximize the drawings. See attachment. The small inset shows how the Min-Max-close boxes look when the drawings are maximized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multidrawing.gif 
Views:	243 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	24179  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Although the attachment is not real clear, it looks to me as it might be opening in Full Screen Mode and he might not be able to see the window control buttons. Right click on the white space and see if the Full Screen option is checked, if it is uncheck it.
    adios

Frankie,
    When you wish to add another image so that it shoes on the same page as the first, you need to use "File" "Import"
    If you want to, you can then add this image to another layer to make it easier to work with?

The white page size can be changed by R/clicking and then choosing "Options"
    I am also a Photo Impact user and do find the differences confusing at times.

I just right clicked and put on full screen view and lost the top menu bar and no matter what i tried i could NOT get it back, even with unchecking the full screen thing.
    I eventually just turned off xara and turned it back on.
    What's the trick I am missing?
    -=Bob=-

Many, many thanks - This is what I see :

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1473/snag02126du.png

Ye Gods! My OS theme shows the min.max.close on secondary windows when maxed, as those 3 black dots! PhotoImpact, I now see, does this as well, but because images are never maxed by me, just dragged to size then it must be a year since I last saw/noticed those dots.

How anybody can be so stupid is beyond me. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I will take myself off and punch myself in the face.

Thank you all again for your help.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9...02130de.th.png

*sigh*

Frankie.
    Last edited by Frankie; 18 March 2006 at 01:30 AM.

Frankie,
    Just like Carter, it sounds like you haven't long to survive!
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host